What kinds of "blended" soup I can have (other than tomato) first week after...

drmroth
on 7/1/14 10:46 am

I'm at the store and I don't know what constitutes "blended" soups. I know that it has to be a creamy consistency but is there anything besides tomato?

gtrdyfor50
on 7/1/14 11:10 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I really liked cream of chicken soup early, I strained it.

MickeyDee
on 7/1/14 11:20 am, edited 7/1/14 11:21 am

I just picked my favorite soup, put it into the blender until the pieces were smaller than an eraser, then heated it in the microwave.  After heating I put a couple of tablespoons of unflavored protein powder into the soup to increase the protein level.

Kate -True Brit
on 7/1/14 3:57 pm - UK

I just made soup and blended it! Any soup.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bette B.
on 7/2/14 1:03 am

Pretty much any soup, as long as there are no chunks of pieces left in it. I remember plain old Campbell's Cream of Chicken almost bringing me to ****** when I got moved to the soup stage.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/14 11:16 pm - OH

If you have/had RNY, be cautious of tomato soup.  Some people can dump on it.  It was the first thing to make me really queasy after surgery because I never thought of it as having sugar, but it does).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

csbsteph
on 7/2/14 11:24 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Tomato soup made me so sick...I really liked it before surgery but couldn't tolerate it after & haven't tried it since because I felt so bad after eating it.  Any soup is fine put in a food processor; you can get really good inexpensive ones at Wal-mart.  I love mine I put all my soups in there in the beginning.  Also I discovered that I like clam chowder...I would drain out the contents & my daughter would eat that & the rest of the soup that I couldn't, but you can also put that in the processor & it's really good too.  Good luck with everything.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Most Active