I Have a Date! August 18th!

samhain
on 7/3/14 1:56 am

Hello all! This is my first post after my "intro" in the newbie thread. Yesterday I received a call informing me that my RNY will be August 18th. I've always been a pessimistic ball of worry, so of course I'm freaking out. I have moments of excitement and relief that I'm able to have the surgery to help me on the road to success and being healthy, but I'm firmly planted in the front seat of the WLS roller coaster now.

My BMI is 42, and I will be having the procedure done at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, WA by Dr. Thien Nguyen. My PCP has been so helpful and supportive, my husband couldn't be more supportive, I have several friends that have had the RNY with much success and one that has had the VSG. Most of my friends are excited and amazingly supportive as well so I feel incredibly lucky.

Just this year I was diagnosed as diabetic, with high cholesterol, fatty liver, PCOS and sleep apnea. My mom is diabetic and never took care of herself and is now blind. I feel I have a lot of motivation to go through with the surgery and fight for a life I know I deserve.

There is a lot to look forward to and I know I'll have plenty of freak-outs so it's great to find a place to share fears and joys and all that comes with this. It's good to be here!

Lady_K1126
on 7/3/14 2:12 am

Congrats on your date!  I believe having a good support system is crucial.  I'm still post-op and even at this stage, if my DH wasn't supportive, I don't know where I'd be.  Good luck!

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 7:39 am

perfect . that is my birthday... You will be fine...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

samhain
on 7/3/14 11:21 am

I will think of that as good luck then, thanks! And happy early birthday!

Crystal M.
on 7/4/14 2:17 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

Woohoo! Congrats! It'll come and go fast! Best of luck to you!

All things in good time!

Amy K.
on 7/4/14 11:34 pm - Tucson, AZ

I've just been on that roller coaster of emotions, I was ready to call the surgery off many times once I got my surgery date, insurance approval and then started the 2-week liquid diet.  I'm 4-days post op and doing great!  Tolerating water just fine and 'eating' the 6 small three ounce meals per day. 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Jen H.
on 7/4/14 11:41 pm - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Congrats on getting your date! I hope to have mine in August as well and even without the date I have mild freakouts about it (I'm sure those will get worse the closer it gets).  Reading others' journeys here really helps.

Nancy
on 7/7/14 2:03 am - Kasson, MN

Good for you!  You will do great!

D66
on 7/7/14 2:53 am

Congrats on your upcoming surgery date. I too am a newbie and couldn't be more happier for you.  I'm so glad you're here too. It's awesome the amount of support within this group....Make sure to stay in touch and keep us updated. Many wishes for settled nerves and a speedy recovery.

iloveravens
on 7/15/14 4:11 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Congrats!  I'm new here too :)  I'm having a VSG on 8/12/14 in the Atlanta, GA area. 

Elaine

Most Active