Back to work tomorrow - am I prepared?

Amy K.
on 7/12/14 11:28 pm - Tucson, AZ

Greetings... tomorrow I'm back to work after a 7 week summer break.  Fortunately I don't start off with any students for a couple weeks so it wont be so bad, at least I hope not.  I'm a bit anxious about going to back to work and finding a new routine.  Before school let out in May I was doing great with my 1200 calories per day and even started walking during my lunch.  I'm still on the purees, but I really don't care if people wonder why/what I'm eating.  I told a few people at work/school I was having surgery, but not exactly what the surgery was, again none of their business.  I'm sure people will comment because I've lost at least 20 lbs since school dismissed in May.  I have a fridge in my office and access to a microwave.  I'm thinking I'll have meal #1 at home then take meals 2-4 with me.  The only way I've figured out to transport easily is via those baby formula pre measured containers (they have 4 spaces that are about 1" deep and can easily hold an once each).  Either that or small Rubbermaid containers.  I've been really good about planning all my meals (and my family's) since I started the process last November, so I'm not worried about that.  I think the biggest thing that has me anxious is making sure I take the time to eat.  I have a fit bit and am thinking about setting the alarm to remind me that its time to eat.  

For those of you who've paved the way, what's worked best when returning to work.  Also, how do I field the questions of "wow, you look great, how'd you do that?"

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

shoutjoy
on 7/12/14 11:45 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

It's always a challenge to get everything in each day.  You have the right idea of having a frig and a microwave available.  Post It notes, alarms are always good reminders.  When you get to solid foods, it will be a bit easier.

As for fielding questions, I'd take them as compliments and say thank you.  If they ask how you are doing it, say I am eating healthy, exercising, drinking my water and I am doing this because it is important to me.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Most Active