Weight Gain

calmash
on 7/15/14 5:52 am, edited 7/15/14 5:54 am

Hi, my name is Cindi, I had the gastric sleeve on June 24th, 2014.  Did well, 1st week slept most of the week, and some internal pain but was bearable with the medication. 2nd week pain completely gone, but missing the food, was pretty depressed, but that passed.  3rd week, moved to pureed food, a little more flexibility (thank god). In the first 14 days, lost 28 lbs, but now in the last 5 days have put back 5 lbs., a little discouraged, was just curious has this happened to any one else?

Thanks,

Cindi

P.S.  On the plus side, just with the small amount of weight loss now 24 lbs., I have already had to stop taking my blood pressure medication, because it was too low, and has been really good without the medication for the last 5 days, and I have no more back pain when I walk, that is really such a blessing.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 7/15/14 7:11 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Hi Cindi. Congrats on the surgery and losing 24 lbs and especially on the blood pressure and improving your health! What exactly are you eating now? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Tracking? Logging? Getting enough water? Doing a bit of walking? What kind of calorie and nutritional goals do you have? Do you follow a program through your surgeon's office or doing it by yourself? More info would be great to be able to offer any views on your gain. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

calmash
on 7/17/14 3:07 am

Hi Julia,

Thanks, but I am still have not taken off that 5 lbs., and it's been almost a week.  I am on the pureed phase per my doctor.  My day is typically a protein shake in the morning, pureed fish or beans for lunch, either another protein shake for a snack, or a pureed protein (mind you can only do about 10 very small bites at a time of the pureed food, and for dinner low sodium soup with 2 tspns of fat free ricotta cheese.  Not sure why the weight gain, other than perhaps my body is just in a stall, or maybe because I stopped the bp/water pill I was taking for my blood pressure.  As far as water, I am getting in a pretty good amount, maybe not 64 oz., but at least 40 oz.

Member Services
on 7/15/14 12:17 pm - Irvine, CA

Julie asked some great questions....  Let us know some additional information and at least give your surgeon's office a call and follow up with them. Before you go in be sure and track every little thing that passes your lips and quantity so they can assist you with some great suggestions.

Keep us posted!

Regards,

Cathy & Kathy

Member Services

Most Active