Feeling guilty!

xray_girl
on 7/21/14 12:50 am

Hello all! 

I have been wanting VSG for as long as I can remember. My husband has given his ok and we plan to meet with Dr.Hargroder in BR and I hoping to have the surgery in December after I graduate college (for the second time).

This is my problem: I am having terrible guilt. I will be cash pay since my insurance excludes WLS. As a parent and wife, I am not used to doing things for myself. I can't help but think about all the stuff I could spend that money on! We could upgrade our car, do repairs to our home, or have 5 vacations! My husband is very supportive. He has told me he knew I would try to talk myself out of it because of money. 

I know this will change my life for the better. Any advice out there on how to cope with this guilt? !

Member Services
on 7/21/14 1:21 am - Irvine, CA

Hello xray_girl,

Another member just posted about self pay and we think if you read this you will feel better about your decision.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/5264003/Self-Pay-isnt -so-bad/

MyLady Heidi
on 7/21/14 2:47 am

You are investing in YOU, to be a better Mom, Wife, Worker, a Happier Human Being, who is able to do so much more then the shackles of MO allow. 

Eggface
on 7/21/14 5:21 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I was a self payer... I hear you... my 1997 vehicle needs to last forever but you know how they tell you in emergency instructions to put your oxygen mask on before helping others. Think of it that way... not going to be able to help anyone if obesity (the 2nd leading cause of preventable death) and it's related conditions makes you a statistic. 

Best to you!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Pegasus_AM
on 7/21/14 5:41 am

Don't feel guilty for wanting to be a healthier you !! You will be able to do so much more once your healthy. Think of how much more fun you'll have on vacation when your able to run around with your kids without getting so short of breath you have to stop or your knees/feet hurting. You have the support of your husband which is awesome some people don't get the positive feedback they deserve, take this time to become a healthier you :-) I don't think you'll regret it in the end.

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

xray_girl
on 7/21/14 7:06 am

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words. I have even allowed myself to get a little excited. . Baby steps lol! 

Most Active