2 week pre-op and a cake is beside me

TheNewT
on 7/21/14 1:32 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Today begins my 2 week pre-op diet. It requires me to eat protein and veggies and no calorie drinks. The first day and what is sitting beside me....an entire birthday cake! My son turns 5 today and I have to take his cake to school. I want to accidentally fall face forward into the box and eat my way out. I know it is a no no! My common sense and restraint are winning this battle (the first of many battles).

Lady_K1126
on 7/21/14 2:51 am

We have cakes, etc. at my office all the time.  I try to not look at them.  When lids are off, I stay really far away so I don't smell them.  I feel your pain - but you can do this!!! 

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

TheNewT
on 7/21/14 6:06 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Thanks for the support! I watched 20 kids shovel cake down their throats and I didn't have one crumb.

vfx32012
on 7/21/14 9:17 am

Sorry but this post made me chuckle.  Face first ha ha!  I truly hope you were able to withstand the temptation.  This new life will taste much better than that cake.  

Valerie G.
on 7/21/14 9:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The only reason that I wouldn't have had a smidgeon of cake is that they are expecting it whole at your son's school.  Otherwise, I would be enjoying a small piece of that cake.  I lack complete restraint.  If I can allow small indulgences, i won't be going butt-wild later.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MickeyDee
on 7/21/14 4:37 pm

You can have a small piece of cake--just hold it under running ho****er to make sure it's nice and clean.

Honeytwirl
on 7/21/14 10:03 pm

An old trick that I heard when confronting dessert: Take one bite (from a dessert plate) and then salt the rest!  This is one of those "ladies who lunch",  Ivana Trump type tricks!

TheNewT
on 7/21/14 10:20 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Salt the rest....there's a thought. I have to work on not finishing every morsel of food on my plate and this is definitely an option for sweets. An option when I'm allowed that food again!

Most Active