*****Fest! Who's ready to b*tch?

Bette B.
on 7/23/14 12:44 am

I haven't done a B*tchFest in ages. Used to do one every week, and today I need one!

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES: 

"B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name)!

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Adult content ahead! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. I know that MINE will. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

I'll start you off and then you all can jump in. Ready? Set? *****!

-Parking in such a way that you're blocking the sidewalk (especially if you can actually fit you car in the driveway)! I resent having to walk in the street because you're too stupid of too lazy to park better. At least I can walk around, but anyone in a wheelchair has to ride it in the street, all because you're an inconsiderate d-bag.

-Parking on the lawn. Jeez, to me, there are few things trashier than that. (I'd say "white trashy", but in my neighborhood, it's a very multi-ethnic trashiness.)

- Speaking of trash, when did people become such horrible litterbugs? It's YOUR trash; take it some. Why is it MY job to dispose of whatever it is that you are done with.

- Bugs on my flowers. I have a seriously black thumb when it comes to plants. There are very few that manage to survive in my yard and this year, everything has been getting eaten by some kind of bug.

- Allergies. Bleck.

- Firecrackers. People, July 4 was over 2 weeks ago. Enough already.

- Police shooting dogs that aren't attacking anyone. Seriously, folks? You can't handle a dog that is just sitting on its own porch, barking?

- People who have breeds of dogs that are known to possibly be aggressive leaving the kids alone with the dogs and then acting surprised when something bad happens. I wouldn't leave a little child alone with a golden retriever, for god's sake. When I read that someone who has multiple big dogs left their child unattended, I want to beat the **** out of the adults.

- My notifications from FB and OH are now - for no apparent reason - going straight to my spam folder. I'll be damned if I can figure out why or how to stop it.

- People who quit a job with ZERO notice. You don't like a job, I understand. But do you have any idea how much you inconvenience EVERYONE if you just up and leave? And you know that the job will not be giving you a recommendation to your next job, right?

- Reading though resumes (responses to job posting for the above-mentioned open position) that look they have haven't been spell-checked at ALL. If you've spelled an employer's name wrong, or your OWN name wrong, guess where your resume is going? If you've got one word spelled wrong, we might let it pass. But when you have 5+ - for a job that requires you to be detail-oriented, guess where your resume is going?

-People who complain that they are unemployed but are not interested in a $13/hour job. I know it's not what you'd LIKE to get paid. It's not what I'D like to be getting paid (it's 1/3 what I was making back in my "old life.") But if you've got ZERO income and are worried about where your next meal is coming from, that 13 bucks should be looking pretty damned good.

- I'm apologize to all the new folks here, but if you just had your surgery, please don't complain that you're not losing weight fast enough. Give it some time. It's not gonna happen overnight. It MAY, it's POSSIBLE, but not probable.

- And if you're going to post asking for help, can you please spell things out to those of us who don't speak "text"? UR is not "you are." NE is either New England or Nebraska. It's not "any". If you make it too hard to understand, I (and others, I'm sure) will just move on to the next post.

Okay, I'm done for now. It's up to you guys. What's got YOUR knickers in a twist today?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

hollykim
on 7/23/14 1:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes,there are some questions that are stupid. 

56sunShine14
on 7/23/14 3:49 am

I am!!!  But since I just got homne from the hospital - HAVING THAT DAMNED LAP BAND REMOVED- (YAY)..I will take a nap first.  :)

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Ladytazz
on 7/23/14 4:29 am

I love my grand babies more then life itself but if my 4 year old grand daughter does not shut up I will scream!

She was up until 1 am talking.  She woke up at the crack of dawn talking.  Asking me questions.  When is breakfast, can you download a game, can I have some soda, when are we going to McDonalds, will you get me a Slurpie, where are the dogs, can I play on your computer, will you braid my hair, can you put nail polish on me, can we go to the park, is it raining...on and on.

I never realized how annoying she was but since she turned 4 it has been non stop.  I am a horrible grandma but I like to visit with them but this spending the night at Grandma's house is getting old.  I work (part time, I know, poor me) and I have a lot of things to do on my days off and I feel like I lose 2 of those days with the grandkids being at their beck and call.

Please god, let their mother come get them soon.  Of course she is in no hurry.  This is probably the most quiet she has enjoyed since she became a mother.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Tracy D.
on 7/23/14 4:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

LMAO at this post, Ladytazz!   I often watch my 2-year and 4-year old nephews (our pseudo-grandkids because my brother is so much younger than me).   I remember now that a 2-year old's favorite word is "No!" and a 3-year old's favorite word is "Why?"  And the 4-year old...never. shuts. up.  Seriously, I would have to put a sock in his mouth to stop the words flowing out.  In that way though he is EXACTLY like his mother who talks a blue-streak too.  

I'm exhausted after just a few hours with them...which probably means that I'm old too! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Bette B.
on 7/23/14 10:39 am

Ah, you ladies are reminding me why I had my tubes tied. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Ladytazz
on 7/23/14 5:56 am

I am now in the 7th layer of hell, also known as McDonald's play land, only just a little better then Chuck E. Cheese. It's raining here and I am praying that being able to run around will tire them out. It isn't fair that the younger you are the more energy you have. Definitely should be the other way around. 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/23/14 6:26 am

Texting and driving. You want to kill yourself? Fine, be my guest. I don't want to go with you. There you are, weaving in and out of traffic, music blaring, doing the gangsta lean, texting away. Odds are you have ****ty insurance too. Put down the damn phone. I would like to make a citizen's arrest and cram that phone where the sun doesn't shine.

Employers who interview and say, "We'll let you know either way by X date and then never send a rejection email, even an #@$%54-you-and-the-horse-you-rode-in-on, we-wouldn't-hire-you-on-a-bet email."

The next person who rides my ass about what I am doing for my birthday is getting this answer: "I'm streaking through the park, eating my weight in Twinkies, then hosting an orgy."

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Keeshaja
on 7/23/14 6:36 am
DS on 10/21/14

I agree too funny 

I'm Still Loving, Still Praying and Still Dreaming....

Dreamy74
on 7/23/14 7:01 am
RNY on 02/04/15
On July 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM Pacific Time, RosyKate, Mistress at Arms wrote:

Texting and driving. You want to kill yourself? Fine, be my guest. I don't want to go with you. There you are, weaving in and out of traffic, music blaring, doing the gangsta lean, texting away. Odds are you have ****ty insurance too. Put down the damn phone. I would like to make a citizen's arrest and cram that phone where the sun doesn't shine.

Employers who interview and say, "We'll let you know either way by X date and then never send a rejection email, even an #@$%54-you-and-the-horse-you-rode-in-on, we-wouldn't-hire-you-on-a-bet email."

The next person who rides my ass about what I am doing for my birthday is getting this answer: "I'm streaking through the park, eating my weight in Twinkies, then hosting an orgy."

OMG RosyKate I read your last line and I just cracked up laughing so hard at work.  I know how you feel.  I am a floater at work - I cover people when they are off sick, on vacation, leave, etc. and everyday 100 people ask me "who are you today" and it drives me crazy.  HAHAHAHA!  Thanks so much for the laugh!  

Most Active