Bariatric Advantage Shakes

Oliviawashere
on 7/24/14 6:34 am

Has anyone tried the meal replacement shakes, long before they had to, so you could get the idea of what they were like? Also has anyone had the bariatric advantage meal replacement shakes? Any good flavors? any flavors to stay away from? Thanks! :)

jenn1469
on 7/24/14 6:45 am

I didn't care for them but I like nectar

Jennifer

Dreamy74
on 7/24/14 6:52 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Olivia I am pre-op too and I have tried a few protein shakes.  The veterans who are post-surgery have warned me a few times on the boards not to put too much money into trying shakes pre-op as apparently your taste buds change after WLS, especially after RNY surgery, and things that you once liked now seem wayyy too sweet.  But so far I have tried 4 different kinds, and the only one I liked out of the 4 was the Vanilla Harmonized Protein by Progressive.  I mix it with either 250 mL of 2% milk or unsweetened almond milk and some ice and it foams up to almost like milkshake quality in the blender and it is soo yummy, with 24 grams of protein per serving.  I have one once in a while as a meal replacement to start slowly preparing myself for the Opti Fast pre-surgery liquid diet. 

Alot of the veterans like Premier Protein Shakes from Costco - they have said it tastes good and it has 30 grams of protein per serving.

I have also heard good things about Unjury and you can find out more about Unjury on their website - unjury.com.

I have also heard that Bio-X orange creamsicle is really nice and that is next on my list to try after I am done the Progressive Vanilla.

I have also heard that GNC sometimes sells sample packs of stuff - it can't hurt to go in and see what they have and even ask if they give out samples.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Valerie G.
on 7/24/14 7:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

WARNING

What tastes good today could taste like pure poison as a post op.  Don't waste money on a tub you may not even like when you need it.  Instead, get several brands and flavors in single servings and don't go experimenting until after surgery.  You can try them all then and get a larger container of what "doesn't suck".  It was all I could rate when I was post op.  They were all pretty awful then.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/24/14 8:40 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I never really cared for bariatric advantage shakes, I did like their vegetable soup, but like the previous posters stated, don't waste your money on tubs b4 surgery. I'd go with buying a lot of smaller sized samples, your tastes may or may not change after surgery. Mine's stayed the same, thank goodness. I still use Matrix peanut butter cookie, pantry selection cran grape & wild berry, syntrax fuzzy navel all sold by my bariatric pantry, & choc peanut butter by body fortress, walmart only sells them in tubs online, but the others come in sample sizes./smaller packages. FYI the bariatric advantage tomato soup does not taste like tomato soup even though the packaging looks like it, it neither looks, nor tastes like tomato soup., it's the only thing I'd stay away from.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

emckechnie
on 7/26/14 2:02 pm - West Sacramento, CA

They told me and I didn't believe them, yes, your preferences do change post-surgery. I got an Unjury sample pack. It's 20 bucks, gives you a wide selection and is definitely worth it. Before surgery I loved the strawberry flavor and now I hate it. I'm drinking the chocolate splendor and the vanilla and add Torani sugar free flavored syrups to help it along. Try chocolate with hazelnut syrup. Yum! The Unjury chicken soup tasted baaaaaad, but I learned that by using the samples. I just reordered large containers in choc and vanilla only. Try samples because your taste may be different.

Most Active