Aggravated with sleep study

ShadowWolf3
on 7/24/14 11:09 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

So I got a call today saying they needed to schedule my sleep study.  I said I already did one.  She said oh let me see.  I said is this follow because I need a machine?  She said oh yes it is your test came back that you have MILD sleep apnea.  Well if it is mild why do I need a CPAP??  I told surgeon I had problems with CPAP and BIPAP before why do I need to wear one now?

She said well you just need to wear it for day of surgery after that you don't need it.  I said then why waste my time and insurance money for a short time of use if it is not that bad knowing it makes me feel worse to wear one??  She said if you want the surgery you have to wear it.  sigh  She then said call your surgeon and discuss it with her to see if you can skip it since it is mild.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Mary Gee
on 7/24/14 11:19 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I had mild sleep apnea too.  Doctor said she wouldn't have prescribed CPAP except for the fact I was having surgery.  I had to use it for two weeks prior to surgery, and while in the hospital.  I hated the machine - but had to deal with it.

My insurance coverage requires me to pay 20%, they cover 80%.  It's rented for three months, after that it's purchased - so I only have to pay one month's rental fee.

Don't let yourself get aggravated - it's not a big deal if you look at the big picture.  If your doctor considers it important for your safety, then you should accept it, and be glad he/she is looking out for your safety.

Good luck with your surgery.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

motherof5
on 7/25/14 12:57 am

Yeppers, I started off hating the CPAP machine and that was 4 yrs ago. I could not tolerate the pillow because I sleep with my mouth open. I wore it one time and stopped until last year.

I called the medical company and was fitted for a full faced mask. I am very happy with that. No more headaches and I am not tired during the day.

The bariatric program required that I use my machine for 30 days before my surgery and I had to submit my sleep report to them. I made sure to wear it a whole month, lol.

Don't be frustrated. Just do it this one time and hopefully that will be enough for you.

Monique

HW: 333  CW:286  GW:175

JUST STRIVING TO TAKE CONTROL!

ShadowWolf3
on 7/25/14 6:53 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I told them fine I will wear for the surgery but not after that.  Since I've lost 93lbs on my own I no longer have headaches and I've never really been that tired during the day.  My only problem at night is I feel like I am being suffocated but it is because my boobs and fat is being pushed up in my face.

I bought a wedge pillow to help with that but have found myself sleeping at the bottom of it lately.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Most Active