P3 packs from Oscar Meyer

Capulus
on 7/28/14 10:19 pm - Little Rock, AR

Has anyone heard of these things?!? they are freaking fabulous. Each one is around 170 calories, 3-5 carbs, 12-14 protein and they are small.  I think they are intended to be snacks bc they are WAAAAAY smaller than a Lunchable.  Each one has cubed meat:low-fat ham, turkey breast, or chicken breast; cubed cheese: sharp cheddar, low-fat cheddar, or Colby-Jack; and a small amount of dry roasted nuts: peanuts, almonds, or cashews.   Best part, they are all individually packaged and are under $2.  Total weight of the food stuffs combined is 2 ounces.  I've been eating them for lunch.  Seriously, if you haven't seen them, check them out.  Best thing ever.

I had a Roux-en-y in June of 2005, no regrets, but I am ALL about education, now!

jazzycatz
on 7/28/14 10:49 pm - Joppa, MD

I haven't seen the chicken around here. Target had them buy 3/1 free a few weeks ago. And there are a lot of coupons around for them now as well.I do enjoy them but for me as a snack. Works great when I am traveling. Just have to make sure you are getting in your fluids to counter the sodium.

But I really like them as well.

Capulus
on 7/30/14 10:53 pm - Little Rock, AR

I have only ever found the chicken ones at the nicer grocery stores like the newer Krogers and Smiths.  But it's a great one.  Rotisseried chicken breast, Jack cheese and dry roasted cashews.  Very noms!

I had a Roux-en-y in June of 2005, no regrets, but I am ALL about education, now!

Gwen M.
on 7/28/14 11:57 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I've never gotten one, but I think they seem like solid "in a pinch" solutions.  The protein is a bit on the low side for me, since I try to get no more than 10 calories for each gram of protein (i.e., something with 14 grams of protein should be no more than 140 calories ideally), but if I had an emergency it'd be a good option.  

Of course, if I had an emergency that had me somewhere I could buy P3 packs, I'm sure there would be better options to choose from available, like a pouch of tuna salad.  Yum.  Or a small bottle of skim milk that I could dump a serving of protein powder into.  I always carry a tuna pouch and a protein powder serving in my purse for emergencies!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Bette B.
on 7/29/14 12:22 am

Saw them, tried them, loved them. They are a perfect "grab and go" for me on days when I'm in a hurry. And they really do fill me up!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Tracy D.
on 7/29/14 1:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

We use them all the time.  Perfect for a snack and can even be a lunch in a pinch.  I try to get them on sale because of course they are ridiculously expensive when you consider that you could cut up lunchmeat, cheese and throw in some nuts for a lot less.  But the convenience factor is so appealing to me!  

Watch the expiration date on those things though.  I find some stores aren't good about getting the older ones off the shelves.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Cathy W.
on 7/29/14 1:36 am

I didn't know about them.  Based on the replies to you, and your post, I'll check them out.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Redhotqtee
on 7/29/14 1:48 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Yes.. I've had them, and I too like them!!!.. I like the sheer convenience of them. That was a good idea to come up with something like that....

Honeytwirl
on 7/29/14 1:55 am

This is why I like ObesityHelp!  I have never heard of this product and now I have something new to look for and potentially try from the grocery store. I remember when someone on here recommended frozen turkey meatballs - I never even knew they existed! yum.

Capulus
on 7/29/14 1:56 am - Little Rock, AR

I know they are "expensive" if you sit down and do the math, but I like the limitation that comes with them being all wrapped up in portions.  If I did this at home, I would worry about having a bag of diced cheese, meats, and un-portioned almonds readily available for me to graze on.  I gladly pay the $ for the convenience and compatibility with my eating style.

Most Active