Food question

kheinz
on 8/7/14 8:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I am a little over two weeks out from RNY.  I have been on mushy foods for a week and have been doing just great.  We go to a little Thai plans and they have the best chicken soup.  It tasted a bit sweet to me, so I asked if they put sugar in it (pre surgery). And they said about a tablespoon for the pot.  Do you think that the sugar would bother me?  Also, what about the bean sprouts.  I wouldn't say they are cooked to mush.  Could I eat those?  Not sure if it is worth trying it yet, but it sounds so good!

kathkeb
on 8/7/14 9:32 am

You might want to try the soup as take-out, at home ..... Just in case.

I understand dumping can come on quickly and require you to be near a bed or bathroom ..... Maybe not worth risking when out in public.

Kath

poet_kelly
on 8/7/14 9:44 am - OH

As far as the sugar, I guess it depends on how big the pot is and how much of that pot you are eating.  What matters is how many grams is in the serving you eat, not how much they put in a pot of unknown size.

As far as the beansprouts, I don't know if those are on your plan yet or not. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shoutjoy
on 8/7/14 8:47 pm, edited 8/7/14 8:48 pm - Culpeper, VA

Those are good questions and only you will know the answers.  Everyone reacts differently to foods after surgery.  The take out idea is good.  Experiment at home just in case.  Take it easy.  You are only two weeks out.  You are still in the healing process.  Follow your plan the best you can.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Most Active