So happy I took this journey

mollymcb
on 8/8/14 9:00 am, edited 8/8/14 9:02 am - TX

Hey everyone it's been a little bit since I've been on here work is so hectic and just life in general..my weight loss has been very good and I still need to lose another 100 but I know this is a long journey and I'm ok with that..The stalls and everything they honestly keep me on track...they keep me watching what I'm eating and I am trying to keep positive about them..and besides yall have warned us all to watch for them...Anyways I am 8 months out and have lost 131 pounds so far...went from 396 to 260 so far and I am just so happy. Friend from work is thinking of surgery and she made a comment about arm "wings" lol well baby I got me some wings! But it's ok at least for now it is lol I got into a size 22 in jeans today! From salvation army I didn't get a chance to try to them before I bought them and was telling myself they aren't going to fit now but they will..and I almost cried when I put them on and they fit perfect!  I can walk now and omg! I can fit in my bathtub! ! And roll around..I love taking baths...I think of all the little things in my life that I had forgotten that I even missed..like taking a bath in a smaller tub..and headbands the stretchy ones they actually fit my head now lol..I know everyone has to decide if surgery is right for you and if you are fighting your insurance and get discouraged keep fighting it is so worth it! I want to live life again..I love being able to walk up stairs and I can't imagine how wonderful I will feel once I get another 100 pounds..I cry when I look at my before and after pictures..I see this lady that always had a smile on her face but felt like I was dying inside...I smiled alot because I guess I didn't want anyone else to see how ashamed I was of myself.. how embarrassed I was. I let things in my life let me get to the point I was at...and I felt like I had no way out but I did...This is worth it..do what you have to do and give yourself life.. I promise you its worth it! Sorry this is long I just feel so blessed and I wanted to tell yall keep fighting that insurance...save your pennies for copay if you have to..and have a wonderful weekend! 

I am worth it! 

kheinz
on 8/8/14 11:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I needed to read this!  Thank you so much!  Congratulations!

CindyLSC
on 8/8/14 12:32 pm

What a beautiful outlook. Inspiring!

TheNewT
on 8/9/14 10:46 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Thank you for this post. I had surgery Monday and I'm sitting here trying to suck down this protein shake. I need to be reminded of the good life changes coming my way.

cashour
on 8/9/14 12:22 pm - CA
RNY on 06/06/12

Congratulations! It is mind blowing to suddenly realize you can do the things many people just take for granted. So happy for you.

cashour
on 8/9/14 12:23 pm - CA
RNY on 06/06/12

Congratulations! It is mind blowing to suddenly realize you can do the things many people just take for granted. So happy for you.

Tracy D.
on 8/11/14 12:17 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go, Molly - you are doing GREAT!   And you're right - you are totally worth it 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active