Psychology Appointment Monday

rosebud12078
on 8/14/14 10:07 pm
VSG on 01/22/15

Good Morning Everyone,

I have my Psychology appointment this coming Monday and not sure really what to expect. I am sure I will be cleared but still a little nervous. Any help is much appreciated.

Member Services
on 8/14/14 11:27 pm - Irvine, CA

It is understandable that you're nervous.  Look at it as your appointment as helpful on your WLS journey. 

marymo362
on 8/15/14 2:56 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I don't think you should use up valuable energy worrying about the appointment. It's really for your own good that we have the psych evals.You might be surprised at what you learn about yourself.

It's my experience, at least within the bariatric center I went through for my surgery, is that EVERYONE on the team wants your success. They are not there to block the way. IF there's a glaring issue, it's best to know now rather than down the road. Emotional and mental health is as important as physical health. 

Have a great weekend! and relax.....  :)

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Amy R.
on 8/15/14 6:51 am

You'll do great!  Just be honest about everything - they mainly want to know that you don't think your surgery is some kind of magic bullet.  Someone else just had a thread here about this very same issue; it may help you to read it:

previous thread on psych eval concerns

best of luck to you on your journey!

Most Active