not tolerating liquids very good

ashleylara
on 8/22/14 6:23 am
VSG on 08/19/14

I just had my surgery on 8/19, so 3 days ago and I can't seem to tolerate liquids. I get nauseous and want to throw up. Idk what to do BC I'm not getting very much protein or water in. What can I do?

kheinz
on 8/22/14 9:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I had to drink water that was not cold with a little crystal light in it.  4 weeks out I struggle with plain water. Protein was hard, but it gets much easier.  Try small amounts at a time.  Sometimes I had to do just skim milk.  I promise it will get easier each daily!

Darcys11
on 8/22/14 1:32 pm

I had to experiment with temperature too.  I also had to experiment with the amount of flavoring Crystal light that I would put in because it got to be too strong at times.  I'm only four weeks out.

ashleylara
on 8/22/14 2:15 pm
VSG on 08/19/14

Thanks for advice its just so frustrating and my body feels so weak. Will take it one day at a time.

diane48
on 8/22/14 2:59 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

Have you called your surgeon to let him know?  They may be able to give you something for the nausea.  That may help enough for you to get your fluids in.  You will feel weak.  You just had major surgery.  Not getting in enough fluids will make you feel weaker.  Try the other suggestions but try to get something for the nausea also.  Ginger or mint tea may help also. 

Most Active