2 weeks out

pattinavcohen
on 8/25/14 10:47 pm
VSG on 08/13/14 with

Hi All. New to the forum - first post. I had my Sleeve done Aug 13th. Lost 21 lbs the first week (which was way more than I thought I would) but have only lost 3 lbs in week 2. I know everyone loses weight at a different pace but is that "normal". Starting purees tomorrow and worried that I won't lose anything once I increase food. Any thoughts?

MickeyDee
on 8/25/14 11:53 pm, edited 8/25/14 11:56 pm

Not a "sleever" myself, but I should think that your weightloss is probably normal.  You can't possibly lose 21 lbs every week.  3 lbs sounds like a good amount.

Check out the Sleeve forum on this site to compare notes with others:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/

Stay off the scale until you go to your doctor's appts.  It'll make your life MUCH easier.

proudmustangdriver
on 8/26/14 1:11 am - Canada

I haven't had my surgery yet but my Mom has (on March 23, 2014) she's already lost over 80lbs since then and is fitting into L size T-shirts at the Gap (this is AMAZING for her). In preparing for my own surgery she has told me not to concentrate too much on the week to week weight loss as she found that the weeks she lost weight she couldn't SEE a difference, where as those she didn't she could see a loss in inches! Try measuring both to keep motivated.

Even now, she has weeks where she loses nothing and then drops 10lbs. the next week. I think it's pretty normal. Just stay on track and you will definitely see results! Congratulations on the weight loss thus far!

Tracy D.
on 8/26/14 2:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

When you have huge drops like 21 lbs in the first week you should absolutely expect the scale to not do anything for awhile.  Your body needs time to adjust.  Do yourself a favor and don't compare yourself to anyone else on here....it's a sure path to frustration and disappointment.  This is YOUR journey and you will blaze your own trail.   

As for the weight, as long as it keeps moving in a gradual downward path, you're doing everything right.  And prepare yourself for the fact that losing 1-2 lbs. a week is going to be as good as it gets when you get toward the end of the weight-loss phase.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

pattinavcohen
on 8/26/14 2:18 am
VSG on 08/13/14 with

Thanks all. I will try to stay off the scale for a while and just keep following the plan. As a newbie to this, you just always worry you aren't doing the right thing. I am pleased with my overall loss so far so I will focus on that. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Most Active