Wondering how others reward themselves on milestones and achievements...

Cece2014
on 8/26/14 6:06 am

Just wondering how other people are showering themselves with "rewards" for their best behavior, milestone achievements and scale & non-scale victories. In the past so many 'treats' were food related (favorite restaurant, meal, etc....) - now what?  Looking for new ideas besides jewelry (which somehow always fits) or new shoes!

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

proudmustangdriver
on 8/26/14 6:20 am - Canada

Haven't had my surgery yet (but just booked the date!) so I haven't reached these milestones... doesn't stop me from planning though!

I think I will choose experiences instead of "things" because as you lose the weight you have the ability to do so many more things that you might not have been able to before! For example, go to a waterpark, get a really great massage and mud wrap (sometimes you don't fit in the wrap if you are too heavy so you can go with no fear of that as you reach your milestones) or GO ON A TRIP!!! Especially the last one for when you reach your goal weight!

Cece2014
on 8/26/14 7:43 am

I've been considering the trip or event idea - just didn't have any brilliant ideas YET!  I'm considering a few car trips to national parks I haven't seen in a long time; perhaps it's time to seriously plan:  I'm 6 lbs short of a 50 lbs loss.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Christine

proudmustangdriver
on 8/26/14 8:06 am - Canada

Wow! I think 50lbs is definitely something to celebrate with a road trip! Congratulations!!!

VSG Surgery Date - 1/10/2015

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 6:20 am

I think one of my biggest rewards is feeling like I can keep on walking and not lie and say I am not feeling well.I do buy myself new things when I reach a certain goal such as a piece of jewelry. Shoes I love shoes.But you have to be careful that y our feet don't shrink.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/26/14 6:21 am

I bought myself a FitBit just because. When I hit goal I got a Coach purse. It was on sale at the outlet store, but still.

If it is fitness/health related (not food) AND it is in my budget, I buy things for myself every couple of months. I also reward myself with books and get a pedicure about once a month.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Gwen M.
on 8/26/14 6:50 am, edited 8/26/14 6:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I got myself a pandora-style bracelet and a bead for each of the 20 pounds I want to lose - 10 total. It's fun to add a new bead :)

I like massages too, but I reward myself for being awesome once a month with those - not just when I hit milestones. After all, I'm fighting this fight every day!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Tracy D.
on 8/26/14 6:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I have to say that I really didn't set up a "reward" system.  For me that is old thinking and programming and I wanted to change that way of thinking.  It didn't work so well for me in the past and I didn't want to re-create that dynamic.  

I'm at the point now where I don't need to be rewarded for eating healthy, exercising or getting to a certain weight.  The reward is in the process itself - the fact that I can even DO it is a reward, ya' know?  All the NSVs are rewards enough for me.  

What I tried to do was actively treat myself in more kind and loving ways throughout the process.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Cece2014
on 8/26/14 7:40 am

I totally get what you are saying!  I am simply happier every day and that is a treat!  

Christine

Eggface
on 8/26/14 7:21 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I donated 1 item of food for every pound I lost a few years ago... then I did pet food cans to the animal shelter the next year. 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2012/01/join- me.html

I did a Coach purse at 100 pounds lost. This year (8) I got a little charm that has meaning to me. 

Pedicures are a fun non-food reward.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active