What's Your Favorite Veggie?

AngryViking
on 8/29/14 2:46 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm 6 weeks out from my RNY at this point and I am missing my veggies.  I'm not cleared for raw yet, but the cooked veg I've tried so far does not agree my tiny fuel tank.  I've had broccoli twice (which was my favorite pre-op) and it got stuck both times so now I'm kind of scared to try anything else.  What veg do YOU like and how do you prepare it? 

The Salty Hag
on 8/29/14 3:44 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Mushrooms and zucchini are my absolute favorites. I love them baked together along with tomatoes and yellow onions. Toss with a little olive oil, seasonings and....yum. I bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. ( I like em mushy...heh. ) Sometimes I sprinkle some feta cheese over it....double yum. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

NYMom222
on 8/30/14 8:17 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I have also done mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and onions sauteed in olive oil. No problem. Even did a little peppers and onions well cooked when I made myself a sausage. Try Spinach, that gets really soft too. The stuck issue for me has been more about too dry food, not chewing well enough and eating too fast. I had one really bad episode after eating a piece of a chicken burger. It was all of the above. Took me 2 1/2 hours before I finally vomited it up. nightmare. So Started using an app called "Eat slower" It's a little timer you set to go off at intervals and you take a bite when it bings or vibrates. Has really helped.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active