Just a Newbie here

Missourimedic
on 8/28/14 10:03 pm
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Well as it states I am just a newbie, I seen my VA PCP who suggested the consult and started the VA paperwork, that was last Friday. I have not even had a consult with the bariatric doctor yet other than on then phone with the pre op doctor to advise me that my case will be reviewed in Sept and a decision will be made in Oct and that was on Tuesday, with me call him asking him to call me back to go over it again. The VA can be very slow at times and I am not a very good at waiting. :)

After reading here and there it makes me wonder what my pre op diet will be and how long it will be.???

Valerie G.
on 8/28/14 11:50 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Some don't require a pre-op diet at all.  All I was told was nothing after midnight the day before.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kate -True Brit
on 8/29/14 12:20 am - UK

No way of telling! Doctors differ and the tyoe of surgery also has an effect. The most extreme I have seen was three weeks liquids only; I had no pre-op diet at all!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MsBatt
on 8/29/14 8:08 am

Depends. Your insurance and/or your surgeon may or may not require you do a supervised diet, or to lose a certain amount of weight. Some (cruel!) surgeons require a one-, two-, or even three-week liquid diet immediately before surgery. Others ask you to eat a balanced, low-calorie diet, focusing on protein. Others require no pre-op diet at all, other than nothing after midnight the night before surgery. I did a two-day clear liquid diet.

brookeEbear
on 8/30/14 1:38 pm

Two week liquid diet before surgery required for me. Otherwise, liver will be too large and it will be too risky to operate.

Most Active