my blog rant.

Krys H.
on 9/3/14 2:17 am, edited 9/3/14 9:02 am - hemet, CA

I see people comparing themselves to others... 300 lb woman at 5'1" is gonna lose differently than a 300 lb woman at 5'9" ... my mindset is to use my tool properly and live life. I will not step on a scale everyday (i refuse to buy one). I understand i will not lose eveything right now or even a few months down the line. I feel the whole "instant gratification" and "obsession" issues are what got most of us in this situation in the first place. For me my job is to worry and work on proper nutrition and getting my head right. I don't feel there are any "tricks" to this process. If "tricks" worked we wouldn't be obese. The "tool" restricts consumption. So coming to terms with the fact that exercise and proper nurtrition is what works with or without surgery is like a brick in the head for me. I know i need to get this right otherwise some time down the road ill be cursing myself for "allowing"  it to happen again. That's why i am so grateful i had to do weigh****chers!  I have learned so much about food in this program. Knowing what a serving is. How to prepare and cook food at its healthiest state. Knowing what  works for my body and what doesn't. I eat so healthy now that when my inner fat girl acts up and eats unhealthy fatty greasy processed foods my stomach totally disagrees with my decision (this has happened twice in 4 months). The cold reality is that after a year or sometimes longer we WILL get hungry again. So if you still put poor choices in your mouth regularly even tho its a small amount and you won't gain from it eventually youll be able to consume more. The hunger hormone will start producing again. So if we don't change now then in the long run we are doomed.

hollykim
on 9/3/14 7:37 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM Pacific Time, krys H. wrote:

I see people comparing themselves to others... 300 lb woman at 5'1" is gonna lose differently than a 300 lb woman at 5'9" ... my mindset is to use my tool properly and live life. I will not step on a scale everyday (i refuse to buy one). I understand i will not lose eveything right now or even a few months down the line. I feel the whole "instant gratification" and "obsession" issues are what got most of us in this situation in the first place. For me my job is to worry and work on proper nutrition and getting my head right. I don't feel there are any "tricks" to this process. If "tricks" worked we wouldn't be obese. The "tool" restricts consumption. So coming to terms with the fact that exercise and proper nurtrition is what works with or without surgery is like a brick in the head for me. I know i need to get this right otherwise some time down the road ill be cursing myself for "allowing"  it to happen again. That's why i am so grateful i had to do weigh****chers!  I have learned so much about food in this program. Knowing what a serving is. How to prepare and cook food at its healthiest state. Knowing what  works for my body and what doesn't. I eat so healthy now that when my inner fat girl acts up and eats unhealthy fatty greasy processed foods my stomach totally disagrees with my decision (this has happened twice in 4 months). The cold reality is that after a year or so we WILL get hungry again. So if you still put poor choices in your mouth regularly even tho its a small amount and you won't gain from it eventually youll be able to consume more. The hunger hormone will start producing again. So if we don't change now then in the long run we are doomed.

my rant is posters who think everyone is just like them. 

I am. Nearly 5 years out and am still seldom hungry and I am maintaining my weight just fine. 

Your cold reality is really not everyone else's.

Krys H.
on 9/3/14 8:43 am - hemet, CA

My point is stop comparing yourself to others. Sorry you are offended by my rant but they're my feelings. 

hollykim
on 9/3/14 1:32 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM Pacific Time, krys H. wrote:

My point is stop comparing yourself to others. Sorry you are offended by my rant but they're my feelings. 

not offended,just saying I have a different experience than you. When you say "we WILL get hungry again..." That is an absolute and that is not an absolute I have experienced. 

jenn1469
on 9/3/14 11:10 am

I think this was a good post. Reality is what we need sometimes thank you

Jennifer

Krys H.
on 9/3/14 12:02 pm - hemet, CA

Thanks. This was not to offend anyone. It was me getting real with myself and possibly someone else getting something from it.  

Most Active