New Teen Sleever-help

TeenSleever
on 9/7/14 11:43 am

Hello!

I am a 17 year old female. I had my vsg on August 4th 2014. I started at 98.5 kg and now I am 83.9 kg. The scale hasn't moved in 3 days though. My goal weight is 50-55 kg.

Here is the list of things that I am supposed to eat ona rregular day:

1 fat free pudding cup

1 fat free yogurt cup

1 piece of light cheese (30 gr) or 1 boiled egg

100 grams of cooked soft veggies

30 grams of lean meat

1 slice of wheat toast or 40 grams of brown rice

125 ml glass of juice or a small fruit

I also drink water and spread those foods throughout the day. Do you think it is too much? Because i know i do. Is there a stricter diet i can follow? I am a creature of habit and i like having a routine and eating the same foods everyday. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Member Services
on 9/7/14 1:14 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery!  If you have not done so already, please post this on your surgery type page to reach out to others that had the same surgery you did.

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Ladytazz
on 9/7/14 1:19 pm

You are doing fine.  It is very common to experience what is usually called the 3 week stall because right around 3 weeks out the weight loss seems to come to a dead stop.

It can last a few days or a few weeks but it will start up again.  

I looked up your weight loss and goal in pounds and if I am not mistaken you hope to lose somewhere around 100 lbs total.  You have already lost about 33 lbs, if I am correct, which means you  have lost about a third of the excess weight you want to lose.

That is wonderful!  Don't stress the slow down.  It will come off.  The less you have to lose the slower it can be but you will get there if you keep this up.

Try not to weigh yourself so often if the lack of movement bothers you.  I know, easier said then done.  I weighed myself daily when I was losing weight.  I still do.  I had to make a deal with myself that I would not get emotionally involved with the number on the scale.  It was for information only, so I would know if what I was doing was working or if I need to tweak things.

From the looks of things you don't need to tweak anything at this point.  Just be patient and get ready for some major clothes shopping soon.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

TeenSleever
on 9/8/14 9:32 am

Yes that is correct!

Gahhh I hope the stall doesn't last because I am not the most patient person haha. Idk why but I always get that feeling that I am eating too much! Anyways I haven't exercised yet so maybe I can start walking? Maybe it will help with my stall!

And I am very short so sadly I need to lose alot :-(

And omg yesss I can't wait to go shopping! 

Ladytazz
on 9/8/14 10:54 am

Trust me when I tell you that you will lose more weight and soon.  I would even be willing to go out on a limb and say that you will most likely be at your goal within the year.

You are young and young people lose weight amazingly quickly in general, barring other issues.

The first time I tried to lose weight I was about 20 and I cut back on my eating and lost 80 lbs in 4 months!  Hard to believe now but it just melted off.  Take advantage of your window, follow your surgeon's plan and it will continue to come off.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

sharlit
on 9/7/14 6:12 pm - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with

I think you're doing just fine. Keep going steadily like you are now and you'll get where you want to go. Don't try to go stricter than your doctor says. Remember that you are still a teenager and need all the nutrients to keep you healthy. Good luck, kid!

TheNewT
on 9/7/14 10:44 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

I had my surgery the same day... hi surgery buddy! You are doing an awesome job. I know we always want it to be more, but the weight didn't come on in one month so we can't expect it to leave in one month. Just keep working your plan as it has served you well so far.

I don't own a scale. I don't plan to purchase one until 6 months out. Not having one at home saved me from watching the scale NOT move. Just weighing at the doctor's office I am guaranteed some downward movement from one visit to the next. If you feel compelled to weigh everyday, don't focus on the number you get everyday. Pick one day (Monday, since that was our surgery day) and record that number. That way the fluctuations we get from being hot, hormonal, not getting enough water, won't matter. The one day that matters is Monday.

Best of luck to ya.

TeenSleever
on 9/8/14 9:36 am

Yayyyy surgery buddies!

At school, I didn't really tell anyone bout the surgery. However on the 1st day back, my teachers were so impressed by my weight loss that this teacher responsible for the well being of the students pulled me aside to make sure I was eating lool! I told her though about it and she was proud of me :-)

MsBatt
on 9/8/14 11:50 am

This menu seems too carb-heavy to me. I'd cut out the toast, rice, and juice, and eat MORE meats.

Ihearttennis
on 9/8/14 11:43 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Hi Teen Sleever.  Congrats, you are doing great. I agree that this is a bit high on carbs.  I can only say what worked for me.  I stuck to under 40grams of carbs, around 800 calories and around 100 grams of protein.  Your doctor knows what's best for you and I don't have a medical background, but I just know for me, eating lower carbs helped me lose quickly. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Most Active