Dr A. Lopez or Dr Joya?

YEGgirl
on 9/8/14 4:09 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hi all,

I am still in the research phase of my WLS journey and have narrowed it down to two doctors, Dr Alejandro Lopez or Dr Joya in Peurto Vallarta.

Can anyone comment on the care they received with either doctor? I am on the fence . . . Dr Lopez's initial contact with the care worker was very positive and it seemed like they cared more about my health (with the questionnaires etc) than initializing payment. Dr Joya's inital contact was more about payment info than about my health but he offers the complication insurance for $500.00.

I would also like to know what you thought of the hospital facilites for both surgeons? Dr Joya - Amerimed OR Dr Lopez - Cornerstone Hospital.

Please help with any comments you may have . . good or bad :)

NYMom222
on 9/8/14 10:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

A woman named cdalton just posted her son had a great experience in Mexico. She didn't mention the doc but maybe you could find her or the post and ask. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Member Services
on 9/8/14 11:38 am - Irvine, CA

Hi 

Here is a link to their profiles. Be sure and read the member review tabs.

Dr. Alejandro Lopez-Ortega, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Alejandro Lopez, MD practices all the major surgeries with a special emphasis on gastric sleeve and Gastric Bypass (RNY) surgeries. DrLopez practices with ... www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/alejandro-lopez-ortega/  
Armando Joya, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   I also had a little fever, but that's nothing Dr Joya can control. I always tend to run a .... Dr. Joya is a kind, gentle, genuinely concerned man and a skilled surgeon. www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-armando-joya/reviews

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Most Active