BlendTec or Ninja????

Sheri R.
on 9/15/14 8:57 am - Aberdeen, WA

Argh.  I cannot make up my mind on a super blender!  I LOVE all of the jars you get with the Ninja but, well, it's a Ninja!  The BlendTec offers more jar options than Vitamix but definitely not as many as the Ninja.  I was unsure whether or not I would even need  a super blender but my nutritionist recommended that I invest in one since I am not a breakfast eater and I can do shakes in the morning, which I am way more likely to do, lol.  I know the price difference between the Ninja and the Blendtec is about $179 (if I get refurbished, which I definitely will!) but the quality...  I am just not convinced it would be a good investment.  Any and all reports for either blender are  appreciated!!!   

Gwen M.
on 9/15/14 9:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Consumer Reports rates Ninja VERY highly, which is why I opted for it.  I got the one that has the three containers - two pitcher type shapes and a smaller mini chopper.  I use it often, rarely use my food processor anymore except to shred, and it does a fantastic job.  

And did I mention it's recommended by Consumer Reports?  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

poet_kelly
on 9/15/14 9:44 am - OH

I have a Ninja and I love it.  I used it today to make a whole lot of applesauce.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CdngirlinNC
on 9/15/14 9:54 am

LOVE my Ninja!!  I've had it for around 2 years now and use it OFTEN.  Love the single serve cups and the size of the main pitcher for homemade blended soups.  Great product!

VSG 07/07/14

Sheri R.
on 9/15/14 10:04 am - Aberdeen, WA

Oh wow!  Sounds like Ninja it is!  So would that be the Professional or the Ultima?  I definitely want the 1500 rpm one because the 2 I have already are much less than stellar but they are the ones with the motor as a top piece.  I can NOT get a smooth smoothie out of that thing, lol! 

Amy M.
on 9/15/14 10:33 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I purchased the single serve nutra ninja and I love it! I just use it for beverages so I didn't get the full size blender with the pitcher.  I got the single serve that comes with 2 cups and 2 choppers for only $80.  It's amazing!

Purplemonster
on 9/15/14 12:16 pm

I have the ninja and I love it, I bought the one with the two single serve cups and the pitcher, my only issue is that the lids for the single serve don't have a way to close, so I guess I have to buy them separately

Sheri R.
on 9/15/14 12:29 pm - Aberdeen, WA

Okay one more question about the Ninja:   Can it handle whole foods?  The #1 reason I wanted a super blender in the first place was because I loved the idea of being able to make extremely smooth smoothies with all of the good parts of the fruits and veggies.  Does this one do that?  If so, I think i will commence to ordering!  :)

NYMom222
on 9/15/14 1:40 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am going to put a vote in for Blendtec. I love my Blendtec. The place to buy it is off Costco online. I am not sure if you need a membership to buy online. I love the speed of it... less foam in smoothies. Whole fruit and veggie smoothies in 90 seconds. I also like it actually doesn't have sharp blades... makes it easy to clean. Fits on counter nicely and straight sides make it easy to get the stuff out. Also so easy with preset buttons. You can pulse and manually change it, but I usually just use the buttons. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active