Really bad day of cheating

Missourimedic
on 9/16/14 6:42 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

I don't know what it is but when I am off work and at home I have the hardest time with not cheating. So far today I have eaten a half red cup of mixed nuts, 2 hard boiled eggs,  about 12 egg noodles from chicken soup I made for my dad, and pulled the rest of the broth out for me, like 1.5 gallons, snacking on head cheese and sheered cheddar cheese and a few other condiments. This is all on top of my 4 protein shakes that I had for lunch and breakfast. I have noticed that this is a trend for me when I am at home.  

InTransition
on 9/16/14 6:55 am
RNY on 09/08/14

Boredom eater?  I used to do that too.  It's like eating just to have something to do.  

Gwen M.
on 9/16/14 7:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Make a list of things you can do that aren't eating and post it on your fridge. Then pick one of the things from the list to do instead of eating. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kellygoo72
on 9/16/14 5:37 pm

thats a good idea

TexasTerritory
on 9/16/14 7:38 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Habits are really hard to break. Stay tough.

Chilipepper
on 9/16/14 7:41 am

Find something else to do and at least you were up front about it.  Eggs are good. Egg noodles are not. 

Eat some sliced turkey and cheese roll ups. Protein will curb your cravings. If you eat carbs when you wake up you will be hungry all day. Eat 2 hard boiled or scrambled eggs and it will curb your hunger. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Missourimedic
on 9/16/14 7:56 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Thank you all for the support and ideas. I will try them out. 19 days to go.

Chilipepper
on 9/16/14 8:10 am

Also the better shape you are in physically the easier your recovery will be. Start walking. Walk walk walk. They will put you through a stress test prior and walking will help get you moving and motivated. If you have a smartphone. I use a program called runtastic.  It's great. The more you lose prior the easier it will be after 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Hislady
on 9/16/14 8:25 am - Vancouver, WA

Staying busy is the key to cut snacking, I knit and crochet but you'll probably want something different to do. If you don't have a hobby now try thinking of one you would like to learn and work at that. You can learn most anything on the internet any more. Hang in there it'll get better, don't beat yourself up just get back on track and keep going.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/16/14 8:29 am, edited 9/16/14 8:29 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It's very easy to overeat when you're bored and at home.  But you need to stick to your preop diet since surgery is only a couple of weeks away.  The purpose is to shrink your liver so that the surgeon can access your stomach.  If you keep cheating, your liver may not decrease enough in size for them to perform surgery. Or the surgery may have a higher risk for complications.  I'm not saying this to scare you, but I've read horror stories on OH where the surgeon begins the surgery, finds that your liver is too enlarged, and closes you up without completing the procedure.  The thought of this was enough to keep me motivated prior to surgery.

Have you checked into Overeaters Anonymous?  There might be some meetings in the area in which you live.  Since you're self-pay and not required to undergo any psychological testing, I think it might help you to be in some form of support group, or better yet, therapy for food disorders.  The surgery is only one factor in long term weight loss success.  We need to examine our heads and find out why we do the crazy things we do with food.  

I really want you to be successful.  Please don't sabotage yourself so early.  You deserve to treat yourself better and do everything you can to be prepared for surgery.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active