Clothes funeral ?

stormymunday
on 9/28/14 8:51 am

I had a experienced today that left me!  I was shopping in Ave clothing store, I use to shop at the mall but with weight gain the stores I can shop at grew smaller and smaller. I finally settle on just shopping at Ave. 

Shopping a Ave was just easier, 18/20, 20/22 etc. I don't try clothes on in the store, I just buy it , it usually fits some items looked great on the rack but not so great on me. Long story short the clerks hated seeing me walking through the door with a bag of clothes to return. Today as I walked in one of the clerks rolled her eyes at me,   i was not buying today, but trying on clothes I thought would look good on me but did not, as I tried on each piece and took a good look at myself in the mirror, in two months i will be having wls, I'm not going to be shopping in this store again.

I considered this a clothes funeral, no more shopping at Ave, ever,ever ever again, I feel like Taylor Swift when she sings about her ex-boyfriends.  I do not have a firm date for surgery but my Dr. office is saying sometime in Dec.  November will be my 6th month of Dr. visits with my PCP, I've completed, psych,nut,endo,and cardio. I've been shopping in my closet, I found enough clothes to get me through the first few months.

NYMom222
on 9/29/14 2:04 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

yes get rid of Avenue... There clothes are basically the same things year after year in different fabrics. I had my surgery in July and I am just starting to have to buy new clothes. Mostly just a few pairs of pants... The yoga pant type/ leggings I am getting more wear out of because they just don't stretch as much, but jeans and regular pants looks so sloppy when they get too big. Getting by on T's, Tanks and cardigans... those you can wear big a little easier. Went through my closet two weeks ago, I have a huge pile to go to Goodwill. Did find an old puffy-type jacket in the back of the closet that was smaller. Washed it up, and it should be good for when the snow comes.

Yup say the funeral to Avenue. When it came to saying good-bye to foods before my surgery, I called it my 'farewell tour' hahaha... Good Luck, and hope you get that date soon!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Tanya S.
on 9/30/14 1:40 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Thrift stores are my new addiction!!!   We hit the 50% off days. Many of my clothes were on the .99 cent days.

It really helps when the weight comes off.

Most Active