Pain after VSG??

TheNewT
on 9/30/14 3:29 am
VSG on 08/04/14

For me the pain was not bad. It never got over a 6 on a 10 point scale. And the 6 was dull pain...I think it was the gas. I am allergic to a ton of the heavy duty meds. The surgeon, nurse, and hospital knew upfront and we discussed what I could use instead. I really used Tylenol and Motrin (in the IV) more than anything else and it worked fine.

Just be open with your team and they should lead you down a good path!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/30/14 4:33 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My doctor prescribed liquid tylenol with codeine to take after I left the hospital.  I really wasn't in much pain, so I didn't take it at all.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Anne R.
on 9/30/14 4:51 am
VSG on 09/25/14

Congrats on getting all aspects of your life together!!  We lost someone close to us 2 years ago to heroin, so I seriously congratulate you. Just wanted to tell you that I had my sleeve done on Thursday last week. Pain was very minimal. The nausea from the gas was the hardest part honestly. I bet you will do just fine w/ strong Tylenol and some phenergin for naseau. Be prepared to sleep!!  I wish you all the best :)

Valerie G.
on 9/30/14 5:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My doc did have me on morphine, but also to keep from needing so much, she used something called the OnQ Pain Busterl, which inserted tiny tubes around the incisions to dispense local anesthetic around the wound.  She used it again when I had a hernia repair.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

horrible_monster
on 9/30/14 1:55 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

Something called "hydroco-acet," which I'm...not sure what it is. Some kind of narcotic. 

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

bigmetfan38
on 9/30/14 2:57 pm - los osos, CA
Revision on 07/15/14

not to worry! they will be giving you something that you press the button to receive at the beginning. my doctor also gave me a prescription for liquid vicodin, but i NEVER used it! it won't be necessary. you should have your sponsor there with you if you're concerned, or a support network. i wish you the best of luck!!!!

mindy

Purplemonster
on 9/30/14 5:55 pm

The first 3 days I had some pain and needed pain meds I was giver percocet but after that there really hasn't been much pain more achy then anything else. So hopefully it will be the same for you, hopefully you ca talk to your Dr about alternatives now, so your prepared.

Best of luck 

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 10:32 pm - RIVERDALE, NJ

Thank you all for the great feedback....being an addict affects me in all areas of my life and my network and sponsor told me they will be there for me....Im hoping pain wont be the worst!  Thanks again guys!

Most Active