Tiny challenge

Amy K.
on 10/2/14 2:29 pm - Tucson, AZ

Last spring when I really started to walk distances of 2-3 miles (yes , at that time 2-3 miles was a big deal for me) my foot started bothering me. Pcm sent me to a podiatrist who diagnosed me the neuroma/pinched nerve. Monthly cortisone shots later and I saw my doc who said "you've done all you can, now let me fix this" I agreed so I'm having foot surgery in mid-December. For 2 weeks I won't be able to walk or hike. Once stitches come out I can ride my recumbent bike with no resistance, then 4-weeks post op I can start waking again. I'd really wanted to be at goal weight before I tackled somethign that would prevent me from exercising- although after taking to an great friend of mine she suggested I start doing research on upper body exercises so I can still exercise while recouping. No time like the present... I've already done research and since my doc did a mega shot in my foot today he "grounded" me til Saturday.

I'm trying really hard to see this challenge as a way to overcome obstacles that Ill experience. Fortunately I have an awesone support system which I'm so thankful for every day! 

Mom interested in hearing abuut challenges others have experienced in the journey and how they were dealt with and overcome. 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Most Active