Tmi- wweighloss affecting monthly cycles

Amy K.
on 10/25/14 1:31 pm - Tucson, AZ

since I've lost weight rapidly my Periods have come every 18 days and are heavy. Finally got fed up and scheduled an appt with my OBGYN. She did a pap, ultrasound and biopsy, all of which just showed that my uterine lining is very thick and no fibroids or abnormal cells. Phew! Now to treat I basically have two options; an iud or uterine ablation. I'm not crazy about the iud option, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and done the ablation. Oh, I'm 41 years old and am done having kids. TiA! 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

relovlee
on 10/25/14 3:13 pm - VA

Hi... I have used the Mirena in the past to help control mine. However I know people who have had the oblation done. Do what you feel is best, I'm sorry I can't help steer you in either direction. Im just hoping you have a positive outcome whichever route you go. 

Sincerely,
Re
NikkyBeauty
on 10/25/14 6:30 pm, edited 10/25/14 6:31 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Hmmm... That's super interesting! I'm on my two week liquid diet and I lost 13lbs in the first 3days it's now day 9 and I'm at 25lbs total so that's pretty fast! my cycle is super regular like clockwork! But I'm like 7days late?? I am definitely not pregnant, just had a pap on the 15th and everything is normal. I could say I'm experiencing the same thing (abnormal periods) because my weight loss has been pretty rapid, and this is the first time I've been this late and haven't been pregnant.

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Amy K.
on 10/28/14 4:24 am - Tucson, AZ

It took a while for me to get to where my cycles were a crazy. Heard from my OGBYN, insurance approved the ablation for November 18th.  Not crazy about another surgery so soon, but it needs to be done!

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Most Active