Hope not too gross- RE: BM's

Willie H.
on 10/28/14 2:10 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I was sleeved 8/26/14 and I'm enjoying the journey I'm on other than the mini-stalls we seem to go through (stuck now for two weeks). One thing today puzzled me? For the most part my -and I'm assuming most others who were sleeved- BM's are not very much and when taken really not very much come out I guess due to our smaller size stomachs. The last few days I've eaten more vegetable and fruits-I've found that I am really enjoying cucumber, tomatoes, olives and Korean Kimchi-along with strawberries as a dessert. Today, my stomach was bothering me, as if I needed to use the bathroom which really hasn't been too much as of late since the surgery-at least not urgent. I mean, I do go and I have BM's but not much. But today my stomach felt as if I needed to go badly and so I did and to be honest I was very surprised at the amount that came out of me! I mean our stomachs are now supposed to be the size of a banana and what came out had to be at least 4 times that! Don't get me wrong, I was happy my digestion and disposal system was working so well but just somewhat surprised at the quantity, especially because since my surgery there really haven't been much to come out? So where did it all come from? Anyway I felt a lot lighter and better-and maybe it'll help my stall!? Hope I didn't gross anyone out-that was not my intention-but it was just the first time I've dealt with something like this?  

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/14 2:25 am

You can do a search on BMs.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/28/14 2:53 am

you were just full of it...  from days before last...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tracy D.
on 10/28/14 3:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Due to the small amount of fiber we tend to get post-VSG, food tends to sit a lot longer in the intestinal track and colon.  So when you do have a BM it can be a doozy!   

I take 2 tsp. of Benefiber each day and also take a probiotic.  The probiotic in particular has been extremely beneficial in getting things moving on a much more regular basis.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Valerie G.
on 10/28/14 4:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
The average small intestine is 26 feet long and takes a few days to digest food, so it's likely that your system was "holding back" for whatever reason.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 10/28/14 5:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

you could have actually been constipated with the large amount of stool that wouldn't pass,and may have actually been pooping small amounts around the large poo. Were the small amounts you were pooping kinda loose/ liquidy? 

you might need to take a stool softener to keep that large amount from building up and possible getting too hard.

Poodlemac
on 10/28/14 8:05 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I've been taking Citrucal for IBS for a couple of years off and on and prior to surgery I asked my Doc about it. He said he feels it is one of THE BEST meds on the market if not the best!  I'm ready to begin taking it again but he hasn't released me to take it yet. I miss it!  Maybe ask your doc if you're a candidate for it. It just makes everything smooth and easy... And regular!

Most Active