sleep apnea test

erica18
on 11/3/14 12:10 pm

Hi! Having a sleep device mailed to my home for a sleep study test. Due to my BMI being short of 40 I have to do this and/or gain a few pounds (which I've been trying to do). Not sure how I can "ace" this teat so to speak so that I can proceed ahead with my journe . Any ideas, tips, suggestions???? I need this for ins purposses as I am not the ideal weight for surgery 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/3/14 12:24 pm - OH

What exactly is this device and what does it do? I'm just curious because I've nOT heard of an "at home" sleep apnea test and wonder how they would replicate the clinic testing at home.

Since you'll be sleeping there probably isn't anything much you can do to alter the results of it. I cannot imagine how you would be able to fake the phydrological details of stopping breathing and then suddenly being "startled" into breathing again.

Are you sure that you don't have any other comorbid conditions that insurance will consider to qualify you for surgery? Purposely trying to gain weight in order to have surgery might bite you in the butt later on (in terms of a more difficult transition to trying to eat very little if you have been intentionally overeating).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/3/14 9:39 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I did one when I had lost 125 pounds. It is programmed to go on a certain time and go off. I put the nose canal(sp) in my nostrils and then wrap a strap around my waist and my chest that reads my heart. I also had to wear an O2 sensor on my finger. There is no way you can cheat it since when you stop breathing your heart beats really fast. It was a pretty advanced smart machine.

erica18
on 11/3/14 10:29 pm

http://www.isleepprogram.com/ismp/our-services.html     here is a link which will educate you on "at home" sleep test.  It is not uncommon especially if insurance companies do not approve in facility studies.  

I am quite sure I do not have any other comorbid, only have high cholesterol and degenerative joint disease.  I am not the only one who has purposely gained a few pounds to be a candidate for the procedure.  When I say a few pounds I mean in the range of 5-10 pounds nothing more.  I am not over eating I just stopped eating according to my dieat plan with Shakeology that's all.

Thank you for you input

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/4/14 2:59 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Shakeology is really overpriced and has no better stats than most other protein shakes.

erica18
on 11/4/14 3:40 am

any diet plan is a bit pricey.  

erica18
on 11/4/14 3:46 am

http://www.isleepprogram.com/ismp/our-services.html     here is a link which will educate you on "at home" sleep test.  It is not uncommon especially if insurance companies do not approve in facility studies.  

I am quite sure I do not have any other comorbid, only have high cholesterol and degenerative joint disease.  I am not the only one who has purposely gained a few pounds to be a candidate for the procedure.  When I say a few pounds I mean in the range of 5-10 pounds nothing more.  I am not over eating I just stopped eating according to my dieat plan with Shakeology that's all.

Thank you for you input

Queen_Tatiana
on 11/3/14 1:24 pm

Can I ask where you are from and who is doing this test?  I am not, at all, familiar with an at home sleep test, and quite curious as to how a sleep test is replicated at home.  are you sure your insurance company will accept the results from an at home test?  Sorry if I am sounding intrusive, I really am just curious and want to see this work for you.  Best of luck.

Mari     

WLS 12/27/04 260lbs; CW 136lbs; 5'6

erica18
on 11/3/14 10:24 pm

At home sleep test are that uncommon, I did research and found it can be at a sleep study facility or at home.  A device is given and it records your sleep, movement, etc.   My insurance company denied the in facility sleep study hence why I am having it done at home.  I am from Bronx, New York.  

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/3/14 9:40 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

The best way to ace it, is to have sleep apnea. You may have it and not be aware.

Most Active