Taking Protein

Willie H.
on 11/13/14 11:52 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I bought a case of the New Whey Protein not shortly after my surgery. After reading about it on this forum that it was not the kind of protein I should have I did not use it-also at the time I could not stand the taste- so instead I bought Premiere Protein. Now I am wondering what I should do with the New Whey Protein? I can actually stand the taste now if I put 1/2 with a bottle of water. Is it ok now.to have? Does it help at all or will it just be a waste? 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/14/14 12:36 am
RNY on 12/31/13

If I remember right, New Whey protein is pretty worthless for us because it's mostly collagen and casein.  Really, it's just a waste.  However, you could probably sell it easily on eBay and recoup some of what you spent on it.  :-)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

White Dove
on 11/14/14 12:36 am - Warren, OH

I was raised that it was wrong to throw away food, but have changed my mind.  If I don't like something I can just throw it in the garbage.  I see it as going directly into the garbage without my system processing it and putting it into the sewage system.  I no longer eat something just to keep it from going to waste, because it is going to waste anyhow after I eat it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Phat_girl_38
on 11/14/14 4:14 am
VSG on 10/13/14

Wow - I couldn't have said it better myself! I was raised the same way and it's taken me years to come to the realization that you just mentioned and in truth - I have to remind myself when I start feeling guilty about wasting food - that if I intake it and don't need or want it- its going to waste anyway! thanks for the post!

Phat_Girl_38  / HW: 319 (Pre-op Wt: 292) SW: 282  GW: 165  Surgery Date: 10/13/2014

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/14/14 12:56 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I had purchased a bunch of different protein drinks to try out, New Whey was one of them but since it's not going to help me as it doesn't contain the type of protein I need..I ended up tossing it. 

poet_kelly
on 11/14/14 4:40 am - OH

It's a waste.  Return it if you can.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Willie H.
on 11/14/14 9:10 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Ok. The majority is in - away it goes!!!! Thank you.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Most Active