bariatric fusion

pebtash
on 11/29/14 1:12 am
VSG on 11/25/14

Has anyone out there tried bariatric fusion? If so what flavor is your favorite? I bought wild cherry and it makes me sick just to smell it. I'm looking for something to replace it. Thanks in advance.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/29/14 4:57 am - OH

I tried a couple that a friend was trying to get rid of. It was a berry flavor, but I think it was a mixed berry (?).

Anyway, I didn't like just the couple I tried, and certainly not enough to take EIGHT of them a day to get the 200% of the USRDA that is recommended for us. I have never had ANY chewable vitamin that tastes good enough to take that many of every day!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 11/29/14 8:20 am - OH

Plus that would be a LOT of calcium carbonate.  One tablet has 300 mg calcium, more than half of which is carbonate (not sure how much, but more than half), so eight a day would be at least 1200 mg calcium carbonate a day. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/29/14 9:25 am - OH

Wow!  I never paid any attention to the calcium content since I'm not about to take 8 (or even 4) of any vitamin every day.

That is a LOT of calcium that we cannot absorb.  Talk about kidney stones waiting to happen (for me, at least)!

Good info.

poet_kelly
on 11/29/14 9:29 am - OH

Yeah, I thought of the kidney stone issue with regard to you, particularly.  But yeah, that is a LOT of calcium we can't absorb.  Even if you only took four a day, you'd be getting at least 600 mg calcium carbonate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Han Shot First
on 11/30/14 10:21 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

If you don't mind me asking, which vitamins do you take?  I currently take Optisource, but I'm not thrilled with 4 a day. 

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/30/14 11:27 pm - OH

I primarily take the Celebrate brand now because they don't have any calcium carbonate in them (I have had a lot of trouble with kidney stones since my RNY).  

I also periodically take Centrum (and took only Centrum for the first 6 years after my RNY).

Lora

Sandie E.
on 11/30/14 1:07 pm - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

I liked the tropical flavor the best. 

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Most Active