Set back again... (*sigh*)

SKmammabear
on 12/14/14 8:00 am

Once again, after getting the approval from the insurance, I find that after all of my testing, poking and prodding, I need to physically see a cardiologist to get a note from him to OK surgery.  I guess I didn't quite understand that since I had the echo and EKG done at the hospital and a cardiologist has to review it and send the report to my surgeon, that I had to physically see one too. I don't get to see him until Dec 29th.    AND I can't actually schedule my surgery until they get that letter.  So, instead of getting my surgery before the end of the year like I had hoped, they are telling me it will be probably late January.  That means more out of my pocket.  So now, I'm supposed to continue doing his diet plan and it's so hard to do.  I have gained back a couple of pounds I had lost so it makes even more I need to lose.  I know it's a huge process that has to be completed but my brain and body are just at a "meh" type of feeling.  It just feels like "another diet" that I'm "failing" at once again.   (precisely why I need surgery in the first place - dieting alone doesn't work!) I have the feeling that once I can actually schedule and have a date in my calendar I will get more motivated about it because then it will be "real".  Even the scheduler doesn't know why it had taken the insurance company so long to approve it.  It seemed like a total cut and dry thing, now it has been drawn out for a few months.  Oh well, I should look at the bright side - it took one of my support people 2-years for approval!  But right now, I just feel like wallowing in my own pitty...

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/14/14 8:22 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Does your bariatric center have a cardiologist they use as a go to? maybe they'd be able to get you in quicker? I know with my psych eval I would have had to wait weeks for someone if I had not used someone that works with my bariatric office.  Would you be able to call the cardiologist at the hospital and see if he can provide a letter? 

Valerie G.
on 12/14/14 9:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What about the cardiologist that viewed your latest tests?  Can you get an appt with him? 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MickeyDee
on 12/14/14 6:04 pm

My surgical center nurse called the cardiologist and explained the need for a quick appointment and I was given a meeting of only about 5 days.  Keep your head and don't let this disappointment drag you down.

Most Active