Depression

jejames2005
on 12/14/14 10:44 am - Phoenix, AZ

Hi y'all I am giving a little update on my progress also with a question for the forum. Right now I am sitting at 445 so I am doing alright at my weight loss even though I feel that I have been in my 400's forever.anyway I'm feeling a bit down today because I'm figuring that the person I like will never like me don't get me wrong I'm not losing weight for them but I would for them to notice me.dme as a potential love interest. do you guys have any advice for me about this situation?

Grim_Traveller
on 12/14/14 11:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm also sorry I don't have any relationship advice for you. But you have a lot going on right now, and a lot of work to do staying on track and getting healthy. It might be best to focus your energy on yourself right now -- it's hard enough to do adding a relationship into the mix. I know that's easy for me to say, but I don't think I could have handled both at the same time.

Good luck, and keep us posted. As you progress in your weight loss you'll feel better physically and emotionally.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

jejames2005
on 12/14/14 11:58 am - Phoenix, AZ

I guess your right lol maybe I need to just focus on myself

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/14/14 6:41 pm, edited 12/14/14 6:41 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I personally want to focus on myself.. i have enough things going on emotionally and internally with being successful in wl without adding the angst of a new relationship to the mix. For once in my life, I'm going to be selfish and make it all about me, what I need. In time I am sure the added confidence and self assurance I gain as weight drops, people will notice and there might be something out there for me. But for now .. I don't need the up's and down's of building a new relationship.. I'm too busy trying to build a new me. :) 

Belle Ink
on 12/16/14 6:34 am

Relationships are hard to deal with alongside surgery and a new lifestyle. Some of us are very emotional and prone to hissy fits a little more often since surgery and we can't turn to food to cope or eat our feelings.  Now if you want to practice your flirting and get affirmation, might I suggest searching out some face book groups for weight loss surgery folks. I belong to a few and they are fun and a pick me up, also, if you need to get advice or vent, you can do that too. Some of the groups are a little judgmental, but there are some that are very supportive and fun.

Most Active