Thanks for the wisdom

Willie H.
on 12/30/14 6:39 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Just want to thank those on this board for their wisdom and experience. A couple of weeks ago I was in my 3rd stall since having surgery a little over 4 months ago. Although I had lost over 60 lbs I was at 280 lbs a weight that I carried a very long time before exploding into the mid-300's! It was such a long stall that I really begin to think that this was not going to work for me yet everyone said to just hang in there, eat less calories, do the program, let the tool work and gave me specific advice.

I did drop my calories down from 1200 to around 900. I drank more liquids, (water) took in more protein, less carbs and kept exercising. All of a sudden my weight dropped-7lbs in 2 weeks! So this tool does work but it is only a tool and only works as well as we as the owner allows it to.

I'll go through another stall, I'll panic, become afraid, doubt the program and be come discouraged. Yet. i'll come back to this forum for your help and you'll give it to me, support me and encourage me.

I just want to say to all who contribute here - THANKS!!!! Your support, encouragement and up-building has been invaluable. Let's all work on changing our lives for the better for the New Year, living a healthy lifestyle, eating properly, exercising, doing good things for others, for ourselves-being the best that we can, and in the interim-weight lost and good health will be a result. I appreciate all you have done- so again thank you, my life is now better because of you. 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

hollykim
on 12/30/14 9:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM Pacific Time, Willie H. wrote:

Just want to thank those on this board for their wisdom and experience. A couple of weeks ago I was in my 3rd stall since having surgery a little over 4 months ago. Although I had lost over 60 lbs I was at 280 lbs a weight that I carried a very long time before exploding into the mid-300's! It was such a long stall that I really begin to think that this was not going to work for me yet everyone said to just hang in there, eat less calories, do the program, let the tool work and gave me specific advice.

I did drop my calories down from 1200 to around 900. I drank more liquids, (water) took in more protein, less carbs and kept exercising. All of a sudden my weight dropped-7lbs in 2 weeks! So this tool does work but it is only a tool and only works as well as we as the owner allows it to.

I'll go through another stall, I'll panic, become afraid, doubt the program and be come discouraged. Yet. i'll come back to this forum for your help and you'll give it to me, support me and encourage me.

I just want to say to all who contribute here - THANKS!!!! Your support, encouragement and up-building has been invaluable. Let's all work on changing our lives for the better for the New Year, living a healthy lifestyle, eating properly, exercising, doing good things for others, for ourselves-being the best that we can, and in the interim-weight lost and good health will be a result. I appreciate all you have done- so again thank you, my life is now better because of you. 

you're welcome. There is a reason the vets hang around and help where/when we can. It is called " paying it forward" in gratitude for those who hung around and paid it forward when we were newbies.

hopefully,you will hang around when you are a vet. And pay it forward also. 

Tracy D.
on 12/31/14 12:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good for you on being willing to "hear" what the vets had to say, taking the advice to heart nd then actually DOING it!   The last thing most of want to do is cut back further on calories (or carbs) or be told there's a better way of doing things.  

Keep up the great work!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active