You never know someones struggles ...

DelilahJO
on 12/29/14 11:03 am

Realizing how bitter and miserable i had become is upsetting and yet freeing at the same time. The amount my life has changed and gotten better since may is just unreal to me. Making this change in my life and having this surgery (sleeve) has me feeling alive and happy and healthy again but I never thought it would happen. While getting my haircut last week the stylist next to me when I stood up says "omg you're such a tiny woman wi**** was that easy for me after having kids" at first i was offended then realized I had had this thought myself before (although I didn't say it aloud). Then I felt guilty for how bitter i had become toward other women. This lady didnt know my struggle my everyday struggle my decade long struggle and the struggle i face the rest of my life to make my tool successful. So let's not be so quick to judge and just be nice to one another. Hw:210 surgery wt: 171 cw: 95 

p.s. I am only 4'7 ill post a pic on my profile of my progress :) 

aallatt
on 12/29/14 12:41 pm

I'm new to the forum, but wanted to say that you're right. Other people outside your family and friends haven't a clue about your struggles past or present. Unless we walk around with Tshirts saying "we did this" etc then no one knows. Good for you for keeping on and realizing that this other woman didn't know your battles. Remember, good things come in small packages! Dynamite is a good thing too! ; )

All the best in your journey...sounds like you're doing fabulous!

A

gram247
on 12/30/14 12:09 am

You are right about the struggles both before weight loss and after surgery. No one knows , unless they had similar experiences. 

I was skeptical about the actual success of the surgery, since I always gained back what I had lost and more. but I have seen such positive change in my life & my attitude. It wasn't an east journey & I know that I will always look for comfort food, but now less is always better!

Good luck on your journey.

Y D.
on 12/30/14 3:02 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

So true! I'm definitely guilty of assuming some slim women "have it easy" or never had to struggle with their weight!

You look beautiful, congrats on all your success

Most Active