First appointment next Tuesday, getting nervous. Any advice?

Kara D.
on 1/8/15 5:32 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I meet with the surgeon, the nutritionist, the psychologist and the internist next Tuesday. I live 3.5 hours form Cleveland Clinic so my appointments will be grouped together as often as possible. I am very anxious to start the process. I know I want to have the VSG performed at Cleveland Clinic because of their reputation of excellence. My surgeon I meet on the 13th is Dr. Phillip Schauer and from the reviews and comments I have read about him I am going to be in good hands.

Any advice as to what to expect for this first round of appointments and how many I should expect before I have a surgery date scheduled?

Raze
on 1/8/15 8:37 am

expect to get informed about surgery and have answered any questions or concerns you may have. advice from the nutritionist, a "session" with the psychologist, some lab work, i believe. all fairly routine. you'll do fine 

IMO

Kara D.
on 1/8/15 10:57 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you. I expect it to be informational. I had a series of blood work, xrays and ultra sounds done to take to this visit.

Kathy S.
on 1/9/15 1:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi kdemeter299

We are so excited for you.  Here are some links that will help you compile your list of questions.  Keep a notepad and pen near by (do people use those anymore)?  LOL  When you think of a question write it down, you will be so nervous and excited you may forget if it's not written down.

FAQ for VSG

Questions to ask your surgeon (this is geared to RNY, so adjust your questions for VSG)

Post this on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG) forum also so you will be reaching out to those that have had the same surgery type as you

Keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kara D.
on 1/9/15 6:36 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you Kathy. I will post this on the VSG forum. The list gave me quite a few questions I had not thought of yet. ;-)

Most Active