Emergency Hysterectomy

Regina M.
on 1/8/15 11:27 pm

I will see my doctor this morning. Recent developments may result in a hysterectomy! I'm so discouraged because now I wonder if, once the insurance approves, I will have to wait before having my Bariatric surgery now. My husband and I had hoped to have it done  by May 2015.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/15 12:32 am

Take one step at a time. You recover from a hysterectomy pretty fast if they do it through your belly button. If you need to have a hysterectomy for health reasons then it should be done. 

Kathy S.
on 1/9/15 1:21 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are sorry to hear all you are going through. I agree, one step at a time. You want to be healthy and concentrate on you when you have your surgery.  Keep us posted

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

NYMom222
on 1/9/15 1:15 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It is only January, I don't see why one would prevent you from having the other. I had a hysterectomy, and while I dragged butt for at least a month... it is not like I wasn't up and about. Actually it might be good to have them in the same year, all your deductibles might be covered by the first surgery....Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/9/15 1:21 pm - OH

Depending on how well you heal, you might have to delay your WLS a bit, but probably not.  Certainly not for very long, though.  You just need to give your body time to heal and rebound from the hysterectomy and anesthesia first. If you have a lap hysterectomy, the healing time would very likely not affect having WLS 3-4 months later.

Don't  borrow trouble.  Find out what you NEED to do as far as your reproductive system, have that done, and then talk with your WLS surgeon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/15 10:42 pm

Lora I like that saying don't borrow trouble.I am going to write that one down.

Regina M.
on 1/10/15 2:08 am

I am happy to report that after talking to the doctor yesterday, I'm taking progesterone 1 week per month. I talked with the doc about our plan to undergo bariatric surgery. She was very supportive and positive. She explained that she believed that obesity played a large part in the issues that I was having. She explained that once much of the weight is taken off that I may find that theses issues will completely disappear. She did not feel that a hysterectomy was necessary at this time. I see her again in July and we will see how things go then. So, for now, it's back to waiting for word from insurance and move ahead.

Most Active