OH Moderating policy

ElizaM
on 1/9/15 12:17 am
VSG on 07/24/14

I got a message today that a post I had written months ago on the subject of moderation/abstinence was deleted because:

Your post on the ObesityHelp Message Board has been removed because linking to a site that sells is against our Terms of Services. Continuing to do so can lead to your account being put on moderation. Thank you, Member Services

First of all, I had linked to a blog post by Gretchen Rubin, who writes a popular blog on happiness. It was a blog post on the subject at hand. I guess she is selling her books but the purpose of the page was primarily a useful article that I hoped would be helpful. 

Secondly, I and other OH members have often linked to websites selling products we find useful: sugar free snacks, protein bars, vitamins, etc. If that is against the TOS, then OH should put that more prominently on the posting page. 

I'm pretty peeved about this so I wanted to bring it to the attention of other OH members. 

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Kathy S.
on 1/9/15 12:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello ElizaM,

We try to protect our members from being spammed.  If the link is WLS related like letting members know a product we use is on sale that is ok.  Again if it's WLS related it's not against our Terms of Services. We will be glad to review the post again to see if the book is something our members can benefit from and it's WLS related.

Thank you,

Kathy 

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ElizaM
on 1/9/15 12:40 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Well, I don't think the page I linked to was in any way a scam, it was simply a useful (I hope) article, so hopefully you will review it and see what I mean.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Kathy S.
on 1/9/15 12:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi ElizaM,

After further review we have reinstated your post and appreciate the sharing of information.  If you have any questions you can always reach us at [email protected]

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ElizaM
on 1/10/15 5:02 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it. 

Misty1980
on 1/9/15 5:28 am - edwards, CA

I had a post get deleted as well because I was offering support through my Facebook page for people like me that have had RNY with complications that had to have a reverse. I asked for a forum for this and was shot down. This is a real issue for some of us. I was told a support group so all I did was offer my page through Facebook. Wow very sad after years of this site and going to the conventions in the beginning of my days.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/9/15 1:07 pm - OH

You can create a private OH group for that purpose... Just a suggestion.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Misty1980
on 1/9/15 1:18 pm - edwards, CA

Thanks ok but it would be really hard to get people to join on a personal level versus a forum. You just think that so many people ask about this that there would be one. But its okay I have a utube channel and facebook so as long as I can give back and help people that are going down this same road I will. I love O. H and all it does for everyone. It would just be nice if people that have had these serious issues had a place on here as well. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/10/15 6:52 am, edited 1/10/15 6:53 am

You come here once every couple of years ...and only to tell people to join your facebook group? 

Not sure why you are surpriced th he post was removed.  Your post did not offer support just tried to redirect people away from OH.

I am surprised you don't see that. You want to offer support to OH members - do that on OH site.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Misty1980
on 1/10/15 7:04 am - edwards, CA

Um no I come her very often especially since I'm a Military wife and don't have a permeant support place. Not daily but for sure monthly. The only reason why I made the group on Facebook was because OH suggested a support group and I have people already on my page I knew it would help. It was not my intention to redirect I was just letting people know of this. There are tons of members on here that give out there Facebook page. It was not to offend anyone and you are being kinda harsh and saying things that are not just. 

Most Active