"B Belly " Question

linison
on 1/17/15 2:11 pm
VSG on 10/13/14 with

I have had a distinct "" belly shape for most of my life. My pants and lower belly are big, but there is a large crease where my belly button is, and then another, larger roll above that. I had surgery three months ago, and have lost almost 90lbs total. Still not to my lowest adult weight, but getting there. But even at my all time low weight, I still had this upper tummy overhang that just refused to be contained, even by industrial strength shape wear. 

So so my question is this: has anyone else had this shape? What does/did it look like when you were at goal? Did you have plastics? If so, what kind?

i see a brachioplasty in my future, as I have also always had very large upper arms and they are now positively droopy. But I'm curious about the other. No one else I know is shaped like me. 

Stats:

SW: 356

CW:273

Kathy S.
on 1/17/15 2:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi liaison,

If you have not done so post this on our plastic surgery forum too. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/

After losing over 200 pounds, I had to use ace bandages and two panty girdles to work out. If I had not been able to have PS I would have tried duct tape next.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Laura in Texas
on 1/17/15 10:11 pm

I have seen a lot of people post before-after pictures in my 7 years here. Most people with the b-belly still seem to have it after they lose the weight and need plastics to address the issue.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/18/15 12:00 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I feel really silly asking this -- I probably should know -- but what is a "b belly"?

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Laura in Texas
on 1/18/15 12:09 am

A belly that looks like a capital "B" from the side. A roll above the belly button and below. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/18/15 12:29 am
RNY on 12/31/13

D'oh -- I get it now.  Sometimes I am a bit slow on the uptake -- 

OP -- I don't have personal experience, but my dear friend has lost quite a bit of weight with that shape belly.  While I think she looks great, she is very unhappy with her "muffin" top that remains despite all of her incredible effort.  She has opted to look into plastics.  I don't notice it, but she does and she feels it limits her options in clothing because she doesn't feel control wear fits it correctly.  She has gone from about 290 to about 200 lbs.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/18/15 3:46 am - OH

I lost 190 pounds and carried the bulk of that weight in my belly.  Although I was quite "round" when I was 330+ pounds, as soon as the weight started coming off, the "B" belly appeared.  Once I lost the weight, I ended up with a deflated version of it.  The bottom portion was the worst because the apron of skin hung all the way down onto the top of my thighs, but there was also a sag of extra skin above my waist.

I had a panniculectomy (paid for my insurance) to deal with the lower belly), but I later paid for a mons lift and a tummy tuck (as well as brachioplasty) out of my pocket.  Having the "muffin top" of excess skin once my lower belly was flat was extremely unattractive.  I needed the actual muscle tightening, but some people don't, and they can just have the extra skin removed above the waist (which is MUCH cheaper and MUCH less painful).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kathkeb
on 1/18/15 7:05 am

I lost 135 pounds and had brachioplasty and a breast lift first ..... Thinking that once my arms were good that I would be finished.

During one of my post op follow up appointments, I asked my 

Plastic surgeon about the muffin top and he suggested we do a full tummy tuck.

I am so glad I did it .... Completely flat from under my (lifted) breasts to my mons.

Money well spent!!!

Kath

Most Active