Life Insurance

FindingMe15
on 1/20/15 12:43 pm

I am in the process of getting life insurance and have a surgery date in february. I was trying to get the life insurance situated before surgery in case of any issues. For me the surgery is elective as it was not "recommended" and it is not being paid for by health insurance. Do I need to disclose that I will be having the surgery? None of the questions outright ask. . .they only ask for current or past. I am also concerned it will not be done before the surgery date. Wondering if I should change my surgery date. . . please help!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/20/15 7:31 pm

The surgery had not happend yet. It may not happen. Until you had the actual surgery - it does not exist, iMO. 

I have to go through that soon. I plan to honestly answer what was, curent.

The past is history, the future is a mistery...you don't know what or when...until it will happen. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/15 9:16 pm - UK

With insurance I always play safe. Insurers wriggle out of things if they can.

My own life insurance required me to tell them of existing conditions at the time of taking the policy out but not notify them of future ones!

However, it might be sensible to phone the general enquiries line of the insurers and ask their policy. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

HLen
on 1/20/15 9:50 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

With shopping for life insurance, at least in my case, if there was a pending surgery of any kind, they would not cover me unless it was over 6 months away or 6 months past.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Most Active