Anyone Order products from a company called BE - Bariatric Eating that made you ill?

JennyMcC
on 3/9/15 2:16 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Hi all!

I was looking for some 'variety' for my post op Protein Shakes so I ordered a flavor called "Peanut Butter Cookie" from a company called Bariatric Eating.  Both times I tried it, it made me very ill.  I contacted their customer service thinking maybe there was some type of a recall or something, and it has become clear that they do not intend to look into if the product was some how tainted or WHY it has made me so sick.  They recommended 'watering it down more' - Getting this ill from a shake is NOT WORTH a THIRD attempt at using it.  Has anyone else ordered shakes from this company?  What was your experience with their shakes?  Can anyone recommend shakes that are Whey Protein isolate or Soy Protein isolate based (1st ingredient on label?).  I have used unjury (chicken soup) and Nectar (chocolate truffle and Vanilla) and hope to find a quality shake that doesn't have that 'whey' taste to it!  Thanks so much!

Kathy S.
on 3/9/15 2:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You can do a search for Bariatric Eating to read other threads about the product.  I would try something else.  Try Premier Protein, it's a good source of protein.  During my weight loss for my protein I relied mostly on foods.  Here is a link to some of our articles we did on protien.

Articles from OH on protein

We look forward to your updates, good luck!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

JennyMcC
on 3/9/15 2:58 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Thanks so much Kathy.  I am still trying to learn my way around the site but I LOVE all the info on here!  I keep seeing you pop up as 'attending' the OH Conference that will be in the Carolinas in the fall.  I watched the video, it looks neat.  Do you normally attend and do you find it informative?  (and FUN will be required too!)  Thanks, Jen

Kathy S.
on 3/9/15 4:47 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Jenny,

I had surgery 10 years ago and can say I have friendships that have lasted that long from members of this community I met.  Attending the speakers and participating in the breakouts were so key for me in being successful.  There was something so powerful sitting there listening to others that are were I wanted to be. Some of the products that were being demo'd I to this day use.  

When we have the fashion show, the look of pride and accomplishment on the faces are priceless!!!  Yes, we know how to strut our stuff 

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.  You can PM me or reach me at [email protected]

I work for OH in Member Services but rest assured my posts are from my personal experience 

Laura in Texas
on 3/9/15 3:09 am

Google Bariatric Eating and Susan Maria Leach. She has a long history of poor customer service. I suggest you buy your products elsewhere.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Grim_Traveller
on 3/9/15 4:21 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Terrible, horrible company. You will be wasting your time trying to get satisfaction.

Just because it has Bariatric in the name, it doesn't mean it is good, or even good for us. There are a bunch of products out there with bariatric in the name that are crap.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kathy S.
on 3/9/15 4:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Jenny, if you have not done so be sure and post this on the VSG forum.  Find out what protein sources have set well with your fellow VSG'ers.

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

poet_kelly
on 3/9/15 5:34 am - OH

I wouldn't order anything from that company.  You're lucky if you even get the stuff you pay for.  Their customer service sucks and the owner of the company is very unethical.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rocky513
on 3/9/15 5:46 am - WI

Customer service sucks. I paid for an unflavored protein when I first had the surgery.  I never received it, or a refund.  Her protein powders are not lactose free.  If you have a lactose intolerance that's what might be making you sick

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Valerie G.
on 3/9/15 6:26 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I get horrible gas from whey protein.  I've turned to egg protein and it's much more plateable, and no nasty after taste.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active