Organic baby food pouches during pureed stage?

TheBee
on 3/10/15 12:58 pm
RNY on 04/20/15

I live alone and am trying to stock up on food items prior to my surgery.  I know boredom can be an issue with food.  I was thinking that during that phase where portions are so small, that using the baby food pouches would be a great way of getting a taste of something different without all the prep work.  I realize that protein will be my priority, but I was just curious if anyone had used those.

Angie2015
on 3/10/15 1:26 pm

I give them to my 1year old. I thought about it for myself. But I find that I eat so little that I was able to find other choices that were yummier then those. Also most of them have lots of fruit in them and I thought I would avoid the sugars for awhile so I didn't use them... But yes the thought crossed my mind! :) 

Kate -True Brit
on 3/10/15 6:27 pm - UK

I tried it. Once!  Yuk! Bland sludge. Wouldn't call them a "taste". I just bunged lots of nice tasting things in a pan with stock, blended them and froze small portions. Maybe 10 minutes prep time, 20 minutes cooking without me doing anything, 3 minutes blending, 1 minute putting into yoghurt pots! And enough pots for a week made. With flavours I like! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

dragonlove
on 3/11/15 4:25 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I looked at the ingredients and nutrition on a lot of baby food back when I was at that stage... you need protein and baby food really doesn't have enough!  

This is simple: Go to the deli and get a small piece of chicken.  Some Tuna salad.  A few more flavorful things.  Then pick one for a meal and just stick it in the blender (yeah, yeah - take the bones out of the chicken!).  Some things are even easy to smush with a fork.  My first Thanksgiving meal was 1/4 cup pureed (first day of it!) I took a small tender piece of turkey and just smashed it up with my fork to eat during the meal!  Yummy!  

If you want more flavors, then add a few drops of hot sauce or spices to your meat.  Flavorful, high in protein, and easy to do.  

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

TheBee
on 3/11/15 5:37 am
RNY on 04/20/15

Thank you, great suggestions!  Much appreciated!

TexasTerritory
on 3/11/15 7:24 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I tried baby food once. It was horrible. Tuna and chicken are so much better and healthier.

Valerie G.
on 3/11/15 7:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Organic only means natural sugar is added instead of artificial sweeteners.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Hislady
on 3/11/15 8:53 am - Vancouver, WA

Blech I didn't even feed my baby baby food! So easy to just whiz real food up and stick in the freezer. Much healthier and tastier!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/11/15 9:15 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My surgeon's office is opposed to eating baby food during any WLS phase.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/11/15 11:00 am - OH

What Mo said.  Baby food also has almost no protein and rule #1 post op, no matter what stage you are in is "protein first, always".

Besides, have you tasted baby food lately?!? Yuck!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active