Sore, beat up, but oh so happy!!!

Willie H.
on 3/13/15 4:08 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Hey guys, finally got away from this dreadful frigid NJ weather and went to Florida for a boys golf outing with 11 others. I had VSG August 26, 2014 and have not played golf since end of September. The first day I was really impressed that I played ok-actually quite well because usually I am a very slow starter at the beginning of golf season especially when you are 350lbs! Still even at that weight I carried a 16 handicap. The 2nd day I scored 4 strokes lower than my usual handicap and was impressed with how far I could turn my shoulder back and whack the ball so much farther, also my ball was now drawing left instead of fading right like it usually does. Anyway, now 85 lbs lighter I scored consistently well the next couple of days even with my same stupid mental mistake****ting everything left because I'm used to fading right which I could or would not adjust to! I was really impressed with how my new body responded and I am now where near my goal yet. I think this year will be good for me not only health-wise but also golf-wise!! Today, back in NJ I am sore, my body is beat up, I'm tired, a little cold but I am oh so happy!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Cathy W.
on 3/13/15 4:26 am

It never stops amazing me how WLS surgery changes our lives.  Even to your golf game improving!  Carrying all that weight has limited us in so many ways we never thought about.  Your priceless experience is proof of that.  

I'm sure with your success and attitude that you'll have many more great golf games ahead of you.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

JennyMcC
on 3/13/15 5:09 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Thats AWESOME Willie!  YOU SHOULD be happy!  You will have fun learning how to adjust your game and I bet it will be EVEN BETTER as you get smaller!  Don't know if you use a cart - but I bet that toting the clubs will be SO MUCH easier too!  

Tracy D.
on 3/13/15 5:41 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My hubby is headed out to the driving range today for the first time since dropping about 110 lbs.  He's real interested to see what it's going to be like to swing "through" rather than "around" his body ;-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Willie H.
on 3/13/15 5:51 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Tell him I can CERTAINLY relate to that!!! 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

PrayMore
on 3/13/15 12:31 pm

Congrats! Love posts like these and love to celebrate all the ways that making this change for ourselves improves our lives!

So happy for you, too! Exciting!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

christinerocks
on 3/13/15 10:37 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Congratulations! Your posts inspire me. I can't wait to be on the "losing" side! 

StacyJo44
on 3/15/15 3:28 am - MN
RNY on 12/31/14

I don't know what makes me more jealous, you getting to go golfing, or getting to go to Florida to escape the cold! ...It a tie I think! All that aside though, I'm just tickled to hear how well it went for you! The little perks that show up as we make this journey are also the things that keep us going and remind us why we had the surgery in the first place. I'll bet the soreness is nothing compared to what it would be if you hadn't had the surgery! I'll also bet you walk the course with a lighter step and less aches and pains in the joints. That you had more energy, and just enjoyed the game more! I agree, I love reading posts like this! Celebrating life here and our accomplishments is every bit as important as seeking tips and support for problems. We don't have to see each other or even know each other to feel excitement and joy for achievements and milestones because we're ALL seeking the same thing. A happier, healthier weight and life! So glad you got to get away from that cold and celebrate life doing something you love! And glad you shared it with us too! Wishing you nothing but continues success with your WL journey and many more golf games in your future!

krisbrick
on 3/15/15 3:59 am

Pre surgery weight 268lb, lowest weight 185lb current weight 204lb. Trying to get back on track! 

Most Active