Always feeling nausea

happypants
on 3/28/15 11:05 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'm sorry you are feeling so ill. If you feel you are drinking enough water I would then try Gravol. Don't take to much at once though because you dont know how your absorb will be post weight loss surgery. 

I do agree with the other posters though, not drinking enough can cause you to feel sick too.

I hope you feel better soon, I know feeling sick really sucks

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

funny_girl
on 3/28/15 11:19 am - IL

I am so glad u posted this. I am a month out of my band to VSG and am not doing good with eating or drinking beacause I am nauseous and my tummy hurts after i eat. After reading all the posts I will definitely work on drinking more water and some green tea. 

David F.
on 3/28/15 11:35 am - Henderson, NV

Yes thank you all for the information on water intake. I will have to step up my water even more. 

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

NikkyBeauty
on 3/28/15 2:44 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

I  going through the same thing I'm always nauseous I drink 64oz or more of water every day and I still feel nauseous it's worst when I first wake up but it's pretty much through out the day it's not bad enough that I can't deal with it, I don't really know why it's like that but I just had surgery in febuary also.

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/28/15 5:11 pm

Ginger and peppermint are both natural relievers for tummy upset.  Look for commercial teas with those ingredients.  Stash makes a nice lemon ginger tea and Bigelow makes a couple of different peppermint and mint blend teas.  I hope you feel better soon.  Tea counts as fluid intake, go for herbal teas if you don't want or can't have caffeine. 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

NHPOD9
on 3/28/15 8:46 pm

Are you on a PPI (acid blocker)? Excessive stomach acid can also make you feel nauseous.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Chilipepper
on 3/29/15 4:16 am

^^ what Jen said. You need to be on a PPI

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/15 5:39 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I strongly second everyone suggesting that you should consider the role GERD might be playing, for a few reasons:

1) A friend who had VSG in December still has issues with nausea that improved once she started a PPI.

2) GERD is a fairly common side effect of VSG because there's so much less room in your stomach for the acid to bounce around without coming up into your esophagus.

3) I have severe GERD as measured by an esophageal pH probe, and I never actually feel reflux -- nausea is literally my only symptom. (This is in fact the reason my surgeon talked me out of the VSG I had been planning on for 3 years.)

Hydration can play a role too, but make sure to talk to your doc about starting a PPI or possibly upping the dose if you're already on one...when I went from 40mg of Prilosec down to 20mg, I started to have nausea again and had to go back up to the higher dose. Best of luck to you!

mizbecci02
on 3/31/15 1:03 am - pickrell, NE

I had RNY done in 2004 and had to deal with a lot of Nausea and throwing up, until 2 years ago, I found out that I had Celiac so no more Gluten for me!, I ant tell you the difference it has made in my life. It isnt just in wheat, Bread, and Pasta it is in our medications, butter and so many other things.  also known as leaky gut. 

Marrickvillellinda
on 3/31/15 9:26 am - Sydney, Australia

Hi David

best wishes for a great outcome.

For me it was simply slowing down how fast I ate  crazy as it seems, I was told by the DIATICIAN to take 30 mins to eat my normal post WLSmeal  I sat I front of the TVS and spun it over the 30 mins and IT WORKED  And it didn't cost anything but time  I didn't have to keep it up forever

I am 13 years post surgery and v satisfied with my journey.

Best wishes,  Linda from Sunny Sydney, Oz. It 

Most Active