Always feeling nausea

Marrickvillellinda
on 3/31/15 9:36 am - Sydney, Australia

Hi and Good Luck David

I had the same problem David. I would also throw up.  The DIATICIAN told me to eat more slowly, to take 30 mins to eat my meals.  I thought this was silly but did it.  IT WORKED!! And it didn't cost anything but time. I took my meal to the TV and measured the time against the show.   I didn't have to keep it up forever.  And yes, plenty of water is always good too.

I'm 13 years post surgery and well satisfied with what I did; I got my life back!

Cheers, Linda from The sunny city of Sydney, Oz

mother1991
on 4/1/15 9:08 am - Atascadero, CA

David I feel for you.  Have had same thing after my RNY in 2004 and to this day have chronic nausea.  I went through many meds for nausea till none finally worked and then was given trial of Marinol at UCLA and it has helped to keep nausea in tolerable levels.  It is hard and can be hard to deal with.  I have done where I went back to liquid type diet to pureed to not eating to eating but taking 3 hours to eat small meal or graze with tiny bite here or there and have even gone gluten free many things and steal deal with it.  It is anonomly no doctor has been able to figure out.  I hope the best for you.  Zofran is very good antiemedic with little side effects.  Talk with your doctor and see if can find an answer from hidden vitamin deficiencies to celiac to other things. 

Most Active