Hello

LisaRose34
on 4/29/15 1:26 pm - Canada

Hello just wanted to introduce myself I'm 34 Married2 Children Waiting For my trio Appointments, that will be taking place on May 14 th I'm kinda shy. I'm 230.  I'm a diabetic Insulin resistance bad knees and  I'm getting this surgery to be healthy not just for me but to take my kids.  To the park go zip lining one day get off my diabetic medicine I have a question has anyone had their second surgeon appointment the same day as their trios? Any help would be great this is a long journey but I know in the end it will be so worth it thanks to everyone here 🎉

Kate -True Brit
on 4/29/15 8:08 pm - UK

Hi, welcome.  May I suggest you tell people which surgery you are hoping to have? Systems, protocols and lifestyle are very different? 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/29/15 10:09 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Also they have forums for Canada. Just wanted to let you know that as I am American and have no clue what trios is.

LisaRose34
on 4/30/15 7:22 am - Canada

Thanks so much 

Kate -True Brit
on 4/29/15 11:05 pm, edited 4/29/15 11:05 pm - UK

As the PP says! There are lots of Canaduans on here and I am a Brit. But most people are from the US and so we need to translate sometimes! I don't know what trios are either! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/29/15 11:17 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Hello and welcome.

I was also going to ask what trios are.  What surgery are you considering?

I had my surgery (RNY) to better care for my son and to improve my health.  I have achieved all that and more.

Wishing you luck in your plan!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/15 11:46 pm - Canada

Hello everyone. I'm from Ontario, Canada and I think I can answer your questions about "trios" It's quite common for those of us that are living in smaller communities, that have to travel to large hospitals for our surgery, to have all 3 appointments scheduled for the same day. These usually include an appt with the internal medicine doctor, our surgeon and what is called a PATT appt. This includes bloodwork, chest xray etc. if needed and an appt with the anesthesiologist or whomever else they need us to see prior to surgery. It is a great help to not have to travel multiple times to the larger cities. Some patients are also using telehealth conferences over their computers to meet with some professionals. We are very fortunate here. Hope this helps. Chris

LisaRose34
on 4/30/15 7:24 am - Canada

Thanks very much for answering this question I m new here and I'm not sure how to go about using this network 

Most Active