Not far now...just waiting for my OR date

Rita I.
on 7/22/15 9:54 am - Canada

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Just getting my barrings on this site and I apologize if I reply thanks too many times! :) lol

I had my last appointment yesterday and should have my surgery date in the next two weeks. I'm in the program in Toronto at Toronto Western Hospital and it has been a positive experience all around. I'm so excited that I find my eyes watering up just thinking of what lies ahead.

So this last week I have found myself doing the following ( I've agreed to myself to be open on here because i trust we all here to cheer each other on)

-Watching U tube videos that address loose skin after surgery- it has been very interesting to see it all and I'm prepared to face the excess skin head on.

- looking at plastic surgeon's websites of before and after pics...boobs and bellies...lol

- eating bad things to get them out of my system.

That is not so bad is it?!?!

I welcome any new friends on here....would love to have my own network of cheerleaders here.

Enjoy the day all

iloveravens
on 7/22/15 10:10 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Welcome!  This is a great place for support and information from people who are years out from surgery.  You'll get lots of good advice.  Good luck on your upcoming surgery.  xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Catsi51
on 7/22/15 4:25 pm

Welcome! I too am in the pre-op stage, just completing all the required medical clearances and expecting a surgery date of late Sept. to early Oct. I am approaching things much like you except I am trying to cut out all the not-so-good for me stuff now and practice how things are going to be post surgery. I have given up drinking with meals, have cut out sugar and am learning to slow down when I eat and chew, chew, chew.. and then chew some more! For me I think easing into things is a better route than being shocked and having to adapt to too many new habits all at once after surgery. Good luck with your surgery - I hope to see you around often! (I am new here too!)

Warmly,

Catherine

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Most Active