gastric bypass vs gastric sleeve

Laquanayking
on 9/9/15 4:07 pm

I go in for my consultation soon and I was just wondering what you guys feel about both gastric bypass and gastric sleeve. Pros and cons? I'm pretty conflicted in my decisions so I would like to learn more from your stories. 

MickeyDee
on 9/9/15 8:30 pm

I'd suggest reading through the sleeve and RNY forums and seeing what you can glean from that.  It's difficult to get the full range of opinion otherwise.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/9/15 10:02 pm - OH

This question gets asked at least once a week, so if you use the search function (the small magnifying glass toward the top of the screen) and put in "bypass vs sleeve" or "RNY or VSG" , you will find dozens and dozens of responses to this question.  

Sorry,but many of us who have discussed it many, many times already are weary of typing it all out again.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laquanayking
on 9/10/15 9:03 am

Thanks helped a lot 

JA
on 9/10/15 6:12 am - East Haven, CT

According to my surgeon, the RNY gets the best weight loss and success rate.  It's a personal choice though.

zann50
on 9/10/15 6:19 am

What ^^^^^The PHD lady said...use the search feature.  Lots of good info on this topic.  Be sure to read Frisco's 101 pyloric valve.  There is so much more to consider than HOW FAST use lose weight.  Good luck with your journey!

Zann

VGS- 2015

Laquanayking
on 9/10/15 9:03 am

Thank you!

Valerie G.
on 9/10/15 9:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Each works completely differently, so learn all you can about both (and add the duodenal switch to your search as well) and compare what you learn to what you know about yourself and how your body reacts to your weight loss attempts.

All have specific merits and drawbacks - it's important to match the right one up for yourself to get the best chances for success.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active