Only three more days until my RNY

matthewreynolds207
on 9/10/15 7:37 pm - Hendersonville, NC

Starting to get really nervous.  All kinds of doubts and worries going through my head.  Words of advice?  How did your RNY go?  

peachpie
on 9/11/15 6:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

You got this! Try thinking about all the things that can go RIGHT. Getting off medications, an increasing zeal to live your best life, the simplicity of shopping at a lower weight, looking awesome!

How'd mine go--- so far so good. Hope the same holds true for you!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NorthernHusky
on 9/11/15 7:04 am

Hey Matthew,

don't sweat it, this is truly something that once you've done it, you'll have wished you've done it YEARS ago.

My experience with surgery was ok, I woke up with pain, but that's to be expected. The most painful spot was the top "poke", on me it was about 6 inches from my belly button. The doctor told me that would hurt most, as that is where they hold up your liver during surgery.

I didn't take the 6-8 weeks off surgery, as my job is fairly sedentary. I took off 3 :)
I had a small child at the time, not quite 4 yet, and after about 10 days, I was fully recovered. (with minimal pain, like I didn't take the Tylenol 3's anymore)

Words of advice.. you can do this! This will change your life, not only will it change it physically, but it will change your relationship with food! You will realize that what you put into your body reflects your progress!

You will get discouraged from time to time, as you hit plateaus, come face to face with temptations, and realize that you aren't perfect, and that's ok. Down the line you may want to have a beer and pizza, and THATS OK! :)

Just remember why you did this, and who you did it for :)

Best of Luck :)

25/Canada :)

Gastric Bypass June 16th 2014

Highest weight: 356
Surgery weight: 347
Current Weight: 224
Goal Weight: 180

Jenn77p
on 9/11/15 9:43 am
RNY on 08/07/15

Congrats on your decision for weight loss surgery.  It is totally normal to feel nervous. I had so many mixed emotions. I am 5 weeks out today and I already feel amazing. I did not feel a lot of surgical pain afterward. I had a lot of gas discomfort. Walking helped with the gas. Drink slow. I didn't know what they really meant when they said take tiny sips!!  I just wanted to get the fluids in so I could sleep in between ounces, and make sure I was able to go home. Drinking to fast caused me severe bloating. So little sips, and walking will be your best friend. I am happy I had the surgery and wish I had it sooner. I already feel lighter on my feet, and move more easier. 

Good luck on your surgery. 

Jenn 77 p

NadiaO
on 9/11/15 5:05 pm

I am getting a sleeve on Monday and I probably feel the same or more anxiety than you.  Like the person before said.. Focus on the positive, focus on how this will impact your life, focus on the success stories and take deep breaths :)  Best of luck to you !!!

Most Active