Fitbit Question

Willie H.
on 9/24/15 5:57 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Does anyone have a fitbit? How well do they work? Can you buy another and perhaps cheaper brand that also works as well? Is it really worth it and is it accurate? For now I post my calories on MFP, use a pedometer to calculate my daily steps, and my iPhone for other activity-but of course I do not always have it with me. This is the time of year I really become active and was thinking of perhaps getting a fitbit as added motivation. I seen a few on www.amazon.com for about $80.00, but also saw a generic one for about $50.00. Just wonder if it would work the same with my iPhone and other areas? 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Grim_Traveller
on 9/24/15 7:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I have the Fitbit One and love it. Best money I ever spent. I get a LOT more activity because of it. I got the One because I didn't really care for any of the wrist band types.

I'm not sure what else is out there, but I would buy a new Fitbit within the hour if something happened to this one.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 9/24/15 7:27 am - Warren, OH

Mine is a Vivofit because I love to swim and exercise in water and I can wear the Vivofit in the water.  I find it so much better than a pedometer because it syncs to my iPhone and computer.  It tracks steps, sleep, estimates calories burned and also is my watch.

Everyone else in my family has a Fitbit and they compete online for the best weekly step totals.  I compete online with other Vivofit wearers.  Mine was $139 but prices have gone down.

I cannot imagine going without a tracker now that I have been using one for over a year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Heather P.
on 9/24/15 7:47 am

I have a Fitbit Flex. I LOVE it. it is so easy to use and you don't have to charge it very often (maybe once every 5 or 6 days).  I use the app to track calories, etc also.

alouisa63
on 9/24/15 7:59 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Fitbit HR.  I like it so much better on my wrist than my old clip on pedometer.  I also love that it syncs to my iPhone and will vibrate if I'm getting a call and displays the caller!   If I forget to put it on, I feel naked!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Willie H.
on 9/24/15 8:13 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Wow, sounds like a Fitbit will be worth it! Gonna pick one up on Friday! Thanks.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/15 8:40 am

Fitbit HR. 

I used to have fitbit flex. Upgraded to fitbit HR. Much better, little more $$$ but worth it. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

RNY0615
on 9/24/15 9:37 am

after researching differences (because there are SOOO many!) I ended up getting the Jawbone Up Move. It doesn't do heart rate, but it accurately tracks sleep, steps, and you can set it for workout mode when you're working out. The app is very user-friendly and great to use to track and graph things! It was less than $50 (i want to say it was $39, but I don't remember) and i've had it for almost a year and it's still working like new. 

It's a matter of what features you are looking for first, then choose your quality and price point of the ones that offer those features. Personal choice, really! 

Willie H.
on 9/24/15 10:10 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Do you wear it on your wrist or a clip on?

RNY0615
on 9/24/15 12:12 pm

I clip it on my bra everyday, but i also bought a wrist band so I can wear it like a watch if I put it in there. I just don't use that because I'm always wearing a bra and that's more convenient for me. 

Most Active